The Forgotten (Krewe of Hunters) by Heather…

The Forgotten (Krewe of Hunters)

by Heather Graham

From Amazon:

Murdered by a dead man? A woman named Maria Gomez is murdered in Miami, apparently by her husband—who'd been presumed dead, slain by a crime boss. FBI agent Brett Cody can't believe it; dead or alive, the man had loved his wife. He also can't help feeling guilty, since he was responsible for protecting Miguel and Maria Gomez.

A few miles away, Lara Mayhew has just begun working at a dolphin research facility. She loves her new job—until a dolphin brings her something unexpected from the deep. A human hand. More body parts show up, and when Brett looks into the situation, he discovers that the dismembered corpse is Miguel's. Soon, rumors of crazed zombies abound in the Miami media, and the Krewe of Hunters, an elite FBI unit of paranormal investigators, is called in. Brett and Lara find themselves working with the Krewe—and working closely together. An elderly crime boss who's losing his memory seems to be key to solving this case, but…there's no motive. Unless Brett and Lara can uncover one in the Miami underworld. And that means they have to protect themselves. And each other.

My Thoughts:

Not the best of this series...and I have read some excellent ones. I thought it was maybe because Zombie's just aren't my favorite horror material. They just don't make any sense to me ... ghost might be possible but Zombies have no scientific explanation. That was only the beginning of this novel's downfall IMO. There was not enough "Krewe" people. If I hadn't known it was part of the "Krewe of Hunters" series I would have thought it was a standalone. I would much rather a good murder plot. some paranormal elements are okay. Then we have Cocoa the Dolphin... reminded me of Lassie. I have a biology degree and I know Dolphins are smart and capable of amazing things...but Cocoa was an entirely unbelievable animal. Meanwhile back at the Zombie attack... the bad guy is threatening our heroines with a poison dart but he takes the time to give a brief history of the poison...it's discovery and uses...really??? You will know so much about this poison that you will have forgotten the entire point before this. The entire book felt rushed.

Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Have you ever gotten stuck in a book series and each time a new installment comes out, you have to grab it right away? Even though you know that every book in the series follows the same pattern? You know there will be a happy ending, boy gets girl or vice versa, and the mystery is solved, but you still keep reading? The Krewe of Hunters books are that series for me. Now, it might seem from what I wrote above that these books may not be good but that is not the case at all. I actually love them!

For those who have never read a book in this series, there are a few things to know. First, all of the books follow a specialized unit of the FBI called the Krewe of Hunters, who investigate cases that have an element of the strange or paranormal. Each member of the Krewe has an ability that lends to the solving of these cases and new members are being added to the group all the time. So, even though new characters are the focus in each new installment, the original characters are almost always play a role in the stories as well. Second, if you haven't figured it out already, every book in the series has a paranormal element to it. While they do follow a basic crime-solving mystery format, most of the books have a mild horror element to them and almost always involve the ghosts of the dead helping to lead the way. Some of them also have a historical element to them as well, which is an added bonus for me. Finally, the two main characters always become involved with one another about midway through the story so there is definitely some romance as well. Usually, the books are in sets of three but almost any of them can be read as a stand alone.

These are fairly quick, fun reads and perfect if you need a book for the beach or a weekend getaway. I love to read them in between deeper books because I know I can count on Heather Graham to give me a spooky story that won't disappoint. The next Krewe of Hunters book comes out in September and I will await it as patiently as possible. ( )
  Lagnella | Mar 4, 2016 |
A woman is murdered possible by her dead husband. Then a dolphin brings up human body parts from the ocean bottom. Zombies (but not like those in recent movies) and dolphins are two things I enjoy. I also enjoy reading novels by Heather Graham, but don’t recall reading any of the Krewe of Hunters before. I am not really into paranormal stories so wasn’t sure what to expect. I was a good read with enough going on to make this reader wonder what was happening, but I also felt that it was written to get out into the market without fleshing out the characters (I couldn’t get into them) or cleaning it up I found myself drifting occasionally. ( )
  grumpydan | Aug 4, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0778317897, Mass Market Paperback)

www.eHeatherGraham.com

Murdered by a dead man?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:05 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,108,875 books! | Top bar: Always visible