Unforgettable: A Son, a Mother, and the…

Unforgettable: A Son, a Mother, and the Lessons of a Lifetime

by Scott Simon

NPR’s weekend edition reporter Scott Simon has written a moving tribute to his mother that was inspired by his viral tweets sent from the hospital during her last days. This is a memoir with lively stories along with the sobering experience of coping with a beloved parent’s death. ( )
  St.CroixSue | Jun 27, 2015 |
Good story about NPR host growing up in Chicago as the son of a divorced mom ( )
  Suzieqkc | Jun 22, 2015 |
Having lost my mother a year ago, I found this book to be just what I needed. His mother was unforgettable and knew what was important in life...just as my own mother did. Highly recommended. ( )
  Dianekeenoy | May 16, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 125006113X, Hardcover)

"I'm getting a life's lesson about grace from my mother in the ICU.

We never stop learning from our mothers, do we?"

UNFORGETTABLE is a son's spirited, affecting, and inspiring tribute to his remarkable mother and the love between parent and child.

When NPR's Scott Simon began tweeting from his mother's hospital room in July 2013, he didn't know that his missives would soon spread well beyond his 1.2 million Twitter followers. Squeezing the magnitude of his final days with her into 140-character updates, Simon's evocative and moving meditations spread virally. Over the course of a few days, Simon chronicled his mother's death and reminisced about her life, revealing her humor and strength, and celebrating familial love.

UNFORGETTABLE, expands on those famous tweets to create a memoir that is rich, deeply affecting, heart-wrenching, and exhilarating. His mother was a glamorous woman of the Mad Men-era; she worked in nightclubs, modeled, dated mobsters and movie stars, and was a brave single parent to young Scott Simon. Spending their last days together in a hospital ICU, mother and son reflect on their lifetime's worth of memories, recounting stories laced with humor and exemplifying resilience.

UNFORGETTABLE is not only one man's rich and moving tribute to his mother's colorful life and graceful death, it is also a powerful portrayal of the universal bond between mother and child.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 23 Mar 2015 10:49:05 -0400)

"When NPR's Scott Simon began tweeting from his mother's hospital room in July 2013, he didn't know that his missives would soon spread well beyond his 1.2 million Twitter followers. Squeezing the magnitude of his final days with her into 140-character updates, Simon's ... meditations spread virally. Over the course of a few days, Simon chronicled his mother's death and reminisced about her life, revealing her humor and strength, and celebrating familial love ... Spending their last days together in a hospital ICU, mother and son reflect on their lifetime's worth of memories, recounting stories laced with humor and exemplifying resilience"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,992,067 books! | Top bar: Always visible