Slayed on the Slopes by Kate Dyer-Seeley

Meg is back! This time she’s found herself in the midst of a white out on a treacherous mountain with a gang of high-testosterone professional rescuers and one very cold and dead body. What’s a gal to do? This book was every bit as fun to read as the first book. Meg and Matt just can’t seem to get their act together, and there ever seems to be time to delve into what really happened to Meg’s father. We meet a lot of diverse and curious characters, and of course, Gam is back with the Sheriff on her arm, dancing the night away. Again, Dyer-Seeley has left us hanging at the very last page, and leaving us eager to get started on book 3. While Slayed on the Slopes could easily be read as a standalone, if you read the series in order, you’ll understand so much better how all the puzzle pieces fit together. And trust me, this is a an intriguing puzzle. ( )
  lst0222 | May 2, 2016 |
When I read the first book in this series, Scene of the Climb, I have to admit that I wondered how far this series could go if Meg's duplicity and lack of qualifications for her job continued to be stressed. I am happy to say that they aren't in this second book. In fact, Meg spent the entire summer working on her athletic skills, so that earns her a lot of points in my book. She also doesn't put herself in needless jeopardy as often this time around. More points scored!

Meg is still impulsive, and-- at the age of 23-- she has a tendency to think she's bullet-proof, but that goes hand-in-hand with youth. What we do have is a story that puts her mother and father in a different light from the previous book, and the author also does a marvelous job of putting us right in the middle of some of Mother Nature's best scenery.

Another thing that I enjoyed while reading Slayed on the Slopes is being shown how Meg puts her article together: the writing, the photography, and how she used social media. All this really gave me a feel for being a magazine journalist.

The mystery is also a good one, with the locked room aspect of being snowed in high on a mountain, and the author does a first-rate job of shifting the focus from one suspect to another. All in all, Slayed on the Slopes improved on the promise of the first book, and I look forward to seeing what sort of mess Meg gets herself into next. ( )
  cathyskye | Mar 17, 2016 |
I received a free kindle copy of Slayed on the Slopes by Kate Dyer-Seeley, published by Kensington Publishing Corp. from NetGalley in exchange for a fair review.

I gave this book three stars only because I hate cliff-hangers. The story was fine until the end.

I loved the descriptions of the Oregon ski area at Mount Hood. The characters were well drawn. The mystery kept me guessing. ( )
  Carolyn.Injoy-Life | Sep 11, 2015 |
I'm really enjoying this series. Meg is a fun, if dizzy and sometimes a little annoying, character. I thought the mystery in this book wasn't as strong in this book as the first, but I found myself growing much more invested in Meg and the other regular characters.

Dyer-Seeley's descriptions of the outdoor adventures make me long for winter and a chance to travel to Oregon again. ( )
  lisabee | Aug 10, 2015 |
4 stars

This is the second book of the series but the first one I have read. I like the characters. The drama, the setting, action and mystery. I was wrong on who I thought the murder was. It was a clean read too.

Meg Reed is the main character. She is single a writer that works for Portland's Northwest Extreme magazine. She is not a athlete but is learning to be more outdoors to understand what she is writing about. She likes her boss.

Meg is at Mount Hood's remote Silcox Hut to cover the new hardcore Ridge Rangers training session. They have a major snow storm come in and strand everyone up in the Silcox Hut. The person who is sponsoring the elite high-altitude rescue team Ben Rogers is murdered. Meg is one of the party that finds the body.

Megs father was killed awhile back. He was a reporter too that was working on the drug scene in Portland. There is mystery with him but more was probably told in the first book.

I liked the story and would read more about Meg Reed. I really want to find out more because of the file she read at the end.

I was given this ebook to read from Net Galley and Kensington Publishing Corp.. In return I agreed to give a honest review of Slayed on the Slopes. ( )
  rhonda1111 | Apr 3, 2015 |

While at Mount Hood's remote Silcox Hut, covering Oregon's elite high-altitude rescue team during their four-day winter training, adventurous reporter Meg Reed finds herself in way over her head, especially when she must expose a killer stranded among them.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,426,347 books! | Top bar: Always visible