I Want You to Want Me by Erika Kelly

I Want You to Want Me

by Erika Kelly

I Want You To Want Me is a fantastic story that won my heart and boy has Erika Kelly done it again. She has caught me up in a romance that I couldn’t put down. I picked this one right up after reading the first book, because I had to read Derek’s story. I fell for him in the first book, because you see that he is the heart of the band, and I wanted to know what drives him and more about his past especially concerning his father, which we get a bit of a teaser about in the first book. But in this one we learn how horrid his father really is, I mean his father is just awful at times, and tends to try to bring Derek down and sabotage him quite too much, but you see how Derek is strong enough to battle the tide and not let it affect him too much, and in this story we see how much he NEEDS to actually prove himself, not just to his father or those in charge of their album or press, but also to prove that he is talented and can be a success. Now Violet is so good for Derek in many ways. She lets him see who he truly is, but keeps him humble at the same time. And she is one tough lady, I loved her from the beginning. Because she gets how bad the situation is and doesn’t let anything faze her from getting the job done. You have to admire that. Their relationship is rocky many times, even after they admit that they love each other, that is not the end. Both Derek and Violet have personal issues they need to face before they can be with each other fully. Many moments it was heart breaking how these two hurt each other without meaning to, and how they struggle to form a balance in the bond they have together, but we also see how much they are meant to be together, and despite everything they still fight for one another. I adored everything about this book, but it definitely brought a tear to my eye and a lump in my throat, because I got so caught up in the story I couldn’t help that my heart just ached for these two to find a common ground and be happy together and just love one another…it does happen but it takes time for each of them to realize what they have and go after it. ( )
  addictofromance | Jul 16, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425277291, Mass Market Paperback)

From the award-winning author of You Really Got Me comes the next romance in her red-hot Rock Star Romance series, about a rocker who lives for his music—and loves with all his heart.

Derek Valencia finally has the success he’s worked so hard for. His band is touring its debut album and great reviews are rolling in. But when pictures of him tossing naked groupies off a balcony go viral, it’s damage-control time. He’s assigned a “babysitter” whose sole job is to keep him out of trouble.

Violet Davis swore she’d never work in the music industry again, but being a minder for a rock star will earn her enough to pay off the mortgage on her wildflower farm. And for a girl brought up in the foster care system, owning her own home means more to her than anything.

Though at first the two bang heads, the rocker and the farm girl soon grow close and realize that they make sweet music together. But can a girl who craves the stability of life on a farm really make it work with a man whose life is spent on the road with his band?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:11 -0400)

From the award-winning author of You Really Got Me comes the next romance in her red-hot Rock Star Romance series, about a rocker who lives for his musicand loves with all his heart.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,352,896 books! | Top bar: Always visible