Bodice Of Evidence by Nancy J. Parra
191537,190 (3.67)None

I’m a big fan of author Nancy J. Parra’s Baker’s Treat Mystery series. And I love watching bridal shows on television like Say Yes To The Dress. So, when I saw that Ms. Parra was writing the Perfect Proposals series, I was thrilled!

Book one, ENGAGED IN MURDER, was everything I thought it would be and more. BODICE OF EVIDENCE, book two, is a perfect second installment in this series.

The discovery of the body happens very early in the story. What follows next is a well thought out, tightly plotted mystery, expertly written to keep the reader enthralled while the suspense escalates right up until the exciting climatic reveal.

I absolutely loved the ideas for the proposals and parties. So very creative! Hmmm…maybe author Parra could go into part time party planning. She even includes a wonderful themed engagement party menu in the back of the book.

Start this series now while it is only two books in and you’ll be eagerly awaiting the third installment as much as I am! ( )
  LisaKsBookReviews | Jun 1, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 042527036X, Mass Market Paperback)

The author of Engaged in Murder returns with her second Perfect Proposals Mystery. This time Pepper Pomeroy discovers that shopping for the dream wedding dress can be a nightmare…

Pepper’s new wedding proposal planning business, Perfect Proposals, seems like a perfect fit. If only shopping for her sister Felicity’s bridal gown could be so simple.

After a long day of lace, tulle, and tears, Pepper, Felicity, and their mother pull it together to try one last bridal boutique. Maybe they’ll be surprised. And indeed they are—when they enter a deserted shop and soon discover the owner of the boutique slain in the alley out back.

Distressed by their proximity to the crime, Pepper vows to unveil the killer. As difficult as it is to draw a pattern from the clues, it’s still easier than finding Felicity’s perfect wedding gown. But as the killer begins to feel hemmed in, Pepper may be the one brought to her knees…

(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 04 Jul 2015 20:39:05 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,976,319 books! | Top bar: Always visible