How To Catch A Cat by Rebecca M. Hale

How To Catch A Cat is the sixth book in the Cats & Curios Mystery series.

I have enjoyed this series from the first book, How To Wash A Cat. Ms. Hale provides an enjoyable mixture of mystery, humor and a touch of San Francisco history in each of the books. And this book is no different.

The hunt continues for Mabel the Knitting Needle Ninja who had lured college aged students into intern jobs at City Hall and then killing them. Uncle Oscar, even with his health problems is out and about trying to find Mabel. At the same time his niece has taken a position as an administrative assistant to the mayor, hoping to find a clue as to where the elusive Mabel might be. Isabella and Rupert are also helping as only they can. Well, mostly it's Isabella, Rupert is worried more about where his next piece of chicken or chicken donuts are coming from.

While she is trying to find Mabel, Mayor Monty busy is schmoozing the regatta organizer in hopes of getting some free publicity and get him some support to get reelected mayor. Mayor Monty is an enjoyable character, providing a little humor and light hearted times. The harder he tries, the deeper hole he digs.

Also what I found particularly enjoyable is how Ms. Hale has developed a history in 1775 of how the Golden Gate Bay was discovered.

This has been a very enjoyable series for me and hope that there may be more books coming. ( )
  FredYoder | May 11, 2015 |
The Knitting Needle Ninja is still on the loose. With Oscar's health failing, he wants to catch her before he loses his battle. She is still elusive but clues are all around for Oscar and his niece.

I enjoyed how the founding of San Francisco Bay was incorporated into the story. I liked the story going back to the past and coming into the present. I also liked the frogs usage in the story. I love Rupert with his dreams of fried chicken and Isabella with her ability to communicate. Watching the murders being incorporated in the past and the present makes you wonder how much the past influences the present.

I have the sense that this is the last book in the series. I hope I'm wrong. I love these characters and will miss them if this ends it all. ( )
  Sheila1957 | Apr 26, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425258882, Mass Market Paperback)

In the latest novel from the New York Times bestselling author of How to Paint a Cat, there are choppy waters ahead...

A serial killer with a peculiar penchant for City Hall interns is on the loose in San Francisco, and it’s up to me—and my two cats, Rupert and Isabella—to put a stop to the spree. Unfortunately, worrying about my uncle Oscar’s failing health and assisting with the interim mayor’s America’s Cup regatta doesn’t leave me with much opportunity to chase down clues.

Could the key to apprehending the killer be found in San Francisco’s sailing history? The first European vessel to pass through the Golden Gate contained a familiar cast of human—and feline—passengers as well as an elusive killer who used a similar murder weapon. Will the past catch up to the present in time to crack the case?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:40 -0400)

A serial killer with a peculiar penchant for City Hall interns is on the loose in San Francisco, and it's up to me--and my two cats, Rupert and Isabella--to put a stop to the spree. Unfortunately, worrying about my uncle Oscar's failing health and assisting with the interim mayor's America's Cup regatta doesn't leave me with much opportunity to chase down clues.… (more)

Rebecca M. Hale is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,398,224 books! | Top bar: Always visible