Reeling Through Life: How I Learned to Live,…

Reeling Through Life: How I Learned to Live, Love and Die at the Movies

by Tara Ison

received this for free to review from Members Giveaway. It was a good read until the end. I enjoyed her views on different movies compared to her life. Some were a great synopsis on movies I haven't seen but now I want to find and watch!

For the rest of the review, visit my blog at: http://angelofmine1974.livejournal.com/95096.html ( )
  booklover3258 | Aug 26, 2015 |
Each of the nine essays on a given topic show how films are integral to the life of the author and yourself. The dialogue inserts make you remember the film vividly in some cases and in others prompting you to put the movie title on a view again or for the first time list. The only fault I had with the book was there was no index to find the part about a specific movie. Instead you would have to look at the Contents page and read the list of movies discussed within the essay. I received a copy through LibraryThings for review. ( )
  stacypilot | Apr 4, 2015 |

Through ten cleverly constructed essays, Ison explores how a lifetime of movie-watching has, for better or worse, taught her how to navigate the world and how to grapple with issues of career, family, faith, illness, sex, and love.

Tara Ison is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Tara Ison chatted with LibraryThing members from Oct 15, 2012 to Oct 29, 2012. Read the chat.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,447,759 books! | Top bar: Always visible