Climax: The Publicist, Book Three by…

Climax: The Publicist, Book Three

by Christina George

So here we are. Climax is what it is. The last book in this exciting romance series.

I feel like I’ve come to know these characters well.

Kate. From publicist to publisher and owner of her own publishing house. In love with Mac, who’s married in the first book, and divorced in the second.

Now Kate and Mac are engaged and you’d think the happy ever after is here. But don’t hold your breath.

The first book came in at around 220 pages. The second book at around 270 pages. Climax has a whopping 565 pages and not one bit of it is redundant.

The happy ever after isn’t guaranteed. Especially when Kate bumps into Nick, her former fiancee and Mr. Perfect. Ooh, this is where it gets very interesting.

Poor Kate is under so much stress. She’s got a killer book to publish and the author has a huge secret. Her love life is in tatters as Mac deals with some serious issues with his ex-wife. Nick is in town and connected to her star author. And she’s not handling anything with a clear head.

Kate ‘drops her basket’ at a conference in Mexico. It’s all just too much.

So will there be a happy ever after? And who will Kate end up with?

I’m not a big fan of love triangles. There is one in this series, kind of. But it didn’t bother me so much. I believe you can love more than one man, just in different ways. Kate drove me a bit nuts bouncing back and forth. But aren’t we all fools for love?

And when I finally got my answer to who Kate ended up with, I felt happy for her. I became worried it wouldn’t go the way I originally hoped it would end when I started the series, but that’s how it goes. The heart wants….

I need to give praise to Christina George for getting me to fall so deeply into her series. I usually prefer romance with a creepy mystery, some suspense, or even something paranormal. The Publicist is romance with a capital R, and I ate these books up. ( )
  laura-thomas | Jan 27, 2016 |
Note: This review is up @ Readers' Muse

Finally, the series comes to an end. After having read the previous instalments in the series, I badly wanted a closure and a proper end for Kate’s dilly-dally relationship between Mac and Nick. Finally the writer has justified Kate’s choice of men – by bringing in the sister of a man whose heart she broke and by bringing in the ailing wife of a man whom she stole.
The first two books focussed mainly on Kate’s and Mac’s character. The writer finally has done justice to Nick’s character in this instalment. The other character that made a lot of sense in this book for me would be that of Dr.Ruth Ann’s. The writer made the most sensible decision to bring in a psychiatrist’s character to sort of Kate. I would have actually preferred Kate’s best friend playing the “sorting out” part. Sadly, the writer just portrays her as person who simply makes Kate think. Nevertheless, I was content that Kate made a choice finally.
Kate’s character totally irked me. She went back and forth between Mac and Nick. One moment she is this strong person who is with Mac and next moment she falls for Nick again. I felt that this whole “dilly-dally” thread could have been cut short by a good 30 pages in the final edition. The write obviously would have aimed for a closure while writing this installment, why not do it a bit earlier?!
The kick ass moment of this book would be Kate finally stops bending backward to accommodate a writer. This move demonstrates a good character progression. The writer has managed to bring out all possible shades of a character that could be written within the three books - A commendable feat of character progression.
The writing like her previous books was simple, clean and laced with whacky humor. I particularly liked the thread of story where Dr.Ruth actually teaches Kate to love herself.
This book teaches a very important lesson – “Love thyself”

VERDICT: The perfect closure finally and a great life lesson learnt.

RATING: 4 on 5 ( )
  bookandink | Aug 19, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,724,181 books! | Top bar: Always visible