Dog Treat Cookbook - All In One Dog Treat…

Dog Treat Cookbook - All In One Dog Treat Recipes

by Treasunpearl Inc

651,268,033 (2.6)None

No tags.

If you love your dog (furbaby) enough to cook for it this is the cookbook you need. The Dog Treat Cookbook is a lot more then just treats. It has stews, burritos, sushi, muttloaf, etc.. All the ingredients are what you and I would eat so you can eat them along with your pet, Really. The recipes call for fresh ingredients such as fresh meats, vegetables (some vegetarian recipes), fruit and a lot of spices. This book comes with 130 recipes so there is a big variety for even the pickiest of eaters. You have the option of complicated recipes were you will be spending a good amount of time cooking for your pooch or smaller easier thing for the person who does not have a lot of time but wants to make something special for their four leg family member. I have issues cooking for myself but I could pull of something that is in this book. Me and my furbaby will be enjoying Frozen Peanut Butter Yogurt Treats by the pool this summer. I think this would be a great book for anyone who loves their dog.

"I got this book from Librarything for a honest review" ( )
  THCForPain | Mar 19, 2015 |
i hadn't had much luck getting my dogs to eat homemade treats, so I was pleasantly surprised to see them gobble up the Bread Machine Biscuits I had made from this book. There's plenty of recipes to choose from, ranging from simple with basic ingredients to canine culinary delicacies. This cookbook, however, appears to still be a work in progress. I downloaded the .pdf version and it has some serious problems. Every other page is blank, as is the second half of the book. I also think the recipes should be grouped into themed chapters (like basic, spicy, cheesy, meaty, etc.) rather than in alphabetical order. A few photos of dogs and/or the treats would make the book more visually appealing, too. However, I had success with the one recipe I tried and the others look good. ( )
  Marlane | Feb 27, 2015 |
There are 140 recipes in this cookbook, but the majority of them have ingredients that are considered poisonous to dogs, or could make them sick (such as garlic, garlic powder, onion powder, milk or milk products, oils and grease). I personally would not make most of these for my own dogs, so I cannot recommend them to anyone else. There are a few that sound like they would be safe to give dogs, but I would definitely double check the ingredients with lists that the ASPCA, Humane Society and veterinarians have published with foods that are not safe or healthy.

I received a free copy of this book through a giveaway on Library Thing for an honest review. ( )
  Shannon514 | Feb 23, 2015 |
I have two Yorkies with delicate stomaches, allergies, and they are very picky about what they eat. Having 130 recipes for treats without having to search the internet is nice. There is a wide variety of choices and you can easily modify recipes. Something that would have made this book better would have been to warn the dog owners about limiting onion and why, eliminate the recipe with raisins- harmful to dogs, I substitute turkey bacon for pork bacon and perhaps a warning about using one new treat at a time because your dog may have an allergy to a new ingredient. Before I make my dogs anything, I check ingredients... I recommend you do too. With that said- there are a lot of recipes and you can always, add, eliminate, or modify the base recipe. ( )
  LarryGerovac | Feb 20, 2015 |
Although this cookbook has many recipes, many of them contain ingredients that could be deadly to your dog, like raisins, garlic, and onion powder. Most of the recipes also include spices, which are not recommended for dogs, and milk, which causes many dogs to have diarrhea...not something I need with a Great Dane:) Other ingredients in the recipes included items like bacon grease, shortening, vegetable oil and wheat (which my dog can not eat). I would have liked to see the recipes broken down into categories like a human cookbook (meals, treats, desserts) and would have apprecited grain free/limited ingredient recipes too. Also, it would have been nicer to have all the recipes to begin with the breed names, not just a few. I would not recommend this cookbook because of the potentially deadly ingredients. ( )
  LizBuckley | Feb 15, 2015 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Treasunpearl Inc's book Dog Treat Cookbook - All In One Dog Treat Recipes was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,603,279 books! | Top bar: Always visible