Fortune on Moon Lake (Love on the Lake Book…

Fortune on Moon Lake (Love on the Lake Book 2)

by Amy Gamet

An excellent read. Well written with great characters and a nice pace. A warm story of two people hurt in the past and dealing with self confidence issues but wanting to move forward and live life to the fullest. Acting on his long time attraction for Melanie was at the top of Rafael's list until she shows up at his door asking for a job at the vineyard. Being her boss isn't exactly what he wanted but life always seems to get in his way where Melanie is concerned. Suddenly though all his attention is on the vineyard. The owner wants to sell, Rafael doesn't quite have the funds to buy it yet, and now unexplained accidents are occurring and it looks like Rafael is responsible. Melanie and Rafael become close while trying to solve the mystery but can they work through everything to find their HEA??

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
I received a copy of this book for an honest review. A cute, sweet, clean romance with a bit of a mystery. I really loved the story of Rafael and Melanie. Their story got my attention right away and I couldn't put it down. Rafael and Melanie both had issues that they needed to sort out. The author did such a great job that I could feel their emotions. This is a quick read and a great book to take to the beach or when you just need an escape. This was a clean romance but was still sensual and romantic. Rafael was great! I really enjoyed the book and look forward to reading other books by Amy Gamet. I definitely recommend this book. ( )
  booksnuggle | Aug 30, 2015 |
Melanie and Greg, a veteran suffering from PTSD, were together until Greg left without a word. Devastated by Greg’s leaving, Meanie hopes he will return one day, as she tries to get over him. Out of work, Melanie asks Rafael, whom she has known for years and who manages a winery in town, for a job. Once in the job, Melanie hopes to move up in the winery and is willing to start in the tasting room. Both Melanie and Rafael have a history. He has always been an outsider in town. His father was also badly regarded by most, so he felt he also was badly regarded. He has harbored a crush on her for years and hopes that, once she gets over Greg, he can move into her life. Rafael also would like to buy the winery but does not have the money to purchase it. Melanie has been trying, since he left, to get over Greg and to understand his actions. Both characters are grappling with demons from their pasts as well as from the here and now, which are preventing them from ever being whole or a couple. This is their story, as they both learn to accept what is and to not let the past weigh on them.

I enjoyed reading this story. The characters were well developed and worked well with each other in the story. It was fascinating to watch their romance grow while they interacted daily. The setting was also well suited to the story line. This is the second installment in the Love on the Lake series and is equally as good as the first book. I think any reader who enjoys a good romance with a little bit of mystery and suspense will enjoy this book. It could provide the reader with a good beach read or a read to curl up with on a lazy weekend. I received this from Library Thing to read and review. ( )
  KMT01 | Aug 17, 2015 |
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed it. It's nice to have the romance but it makes it all the more real when there are real life issues involved. In this story both of the main characters have issues and work through them and attacks from other sources to seize the day. Nice plot and good writing. ( )
  thicks | Jul 26, 2015 |
Fortune on Moon Lake is the second book in Amy Gamet's Love on the Lake series and it can be read as a stand alone book. Melanie has experienced many changes in her life and not all are good. She lost her job and the man she loved vanished two years ago. However, things get really interesting when she is hired at the vineyard managed by the mysterious Rafael. What she doesn't know is that he has been romantically interested in her for some time. Melanie doesn't deny she is attracted to Rafael, but she is conflicted as she still has feelings for her missing boyfriend. Can she promise Rafael she would stay with him even if her boyfriend returned? Rafael has his own baggage which includes a troubled youth and the stress of knowing the vineyard's owner wants to sell it. Suddenly suspicious things happen at the vineyard. Rafael and Melanie come face to face with their past. Can they face this and still have a future?
The author is a gifted storyteller. She has crafted an engrossing story that has romance, mystery, well developed characters and it all comes together perfectly. Highly recommended.

I received this book for free through LibraryThing and I give this review of my own free will. ( )
  SAMANTHA100 | Jun 18, 2015 |

Amy Gamet is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,365,747 books! | Top bar: Always visible