Falling for My Best Friend's Brother (One…

Falling for My Best Friend's Brother (One Night Stand, #2)

by J. S. Cooper, Helen Cooper (Author)

I downloaded the prequel to Falling For My Best Friend's Brother. I have to admit, I really disliked it but decided to go ahead and purchase the full novel just to see if it got better. I am really sad to say this is the first book I have ever returned to get a refund.

What was the problem with it? Because you know I love best friend's brother kinda stories really I love them but this one just had to many problems with it. So I guess I'll begin with the main source of the problem.

ALICE
Our main character. I really disliked her. I found her extremely childish, annoying and immature. I felt like she was more of a teenager first discovering boys then a 22 year old, college graduate but that's just my opinion. I spent most of the book wondering if she was ever going to grow up and why was she so naive. Most of her attempts to gain Aiden (best friend's brother) attention were things we did in high school such as attempting to make him jealous, doing things he likes to gain his attention etc. It was hard to enjoy the book when half the time I wanted to knock some sense into her.

Aiden
He is the guy Alice is in love with. I didn't like him either and I have too many book boyfriends to count but Aiden did not make the list. He rarely showed emotion, he acted just as childish as Alice did and he was suppose to be six years old then her. It was like they were meant for each other.

The Whole One Night Stand thing?
Aiden and Alice had one night together but here is the catch, Alice isn't sure Aiden even knew he slept with her! She snuck into his bed in the middle of the night and "seduced" him. And after that happened they never ever spoke about it again. Like, how do you not realize who is in your bed? That wasn't my only problem, he was 22 and she was 16...illegal much?

The Relationship
Both Alice and Aiden played games to find out if they had feelings for each other. You could've just talked to one another about your feelings instead of playing little games especially when you are adults not children.

This was my first J.S. Cooper book and I was really disappointed. I excepted so much more but I will be giving her books another chance before I completely give up. I really don't recommend this book at all. It had potential but if the characters were more mature and didn't play little games this book would've been amazing.
  tina_thebookworm | Feb 12, 2016 |

Cooper, J. S.Authorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cooper, HelenAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,643,215 books! | Top bar: Always visible