K9 Commando: Police and Army Dogs from New…

K9 Commando: Police and Army Dogs from New York to Berlin

by Violetta Kovacs

222,551,640 (5)None
Recently added bylauren.nagel

This book shares the stories of 12 incredible dogs. They work in the protection field with Police and military aiding in every way they can. They can be purebred or mongrel because the loyalty they show has no limits. They may patrol the streets of New York with their Master very much like Bandit and Jax do with Paul Gitlin of the SWAT team.
There are dogs that have dug through rubble and collapsed building and rescued countless people from Rome, Greece and around the world. They work side by side or alone and they get the job done.
The photographs in this book are amazing. The dogs are so beautiful and the pictures are exceptional. The dogs at work, doing what they love and also posed with their human masters. Some of the stories in this book will touch your heart and move you to tears. These dogs are all hero's I couldn't even pick a favorite. The pictures of beautiful black Bagira and many of the other dogs are etched in my mind forever.
Violetta Kovaks has a wonderful writing style and her deep love for dogs is clear. I had received this book and agreed to give an honest review of it. In my opinion this is a perfect gift for any dog lover. I enjoyed each story and every photograph from beginning to end. The amazing abilities and uncanny loyalty these dogs show will impress anyone that picks up the book. These dogs are sniffing out, drugs, bombs, bodies and bad guys. They have no fear and love what they do. They protect us all over the world and these are some of their stories. This book is a winner ( )
  lauren.nagel | Jan 31, 2015 |
  lauren.nagel | Jan 31, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 147872109X, Hardcover)

K9 Commando: Police and Army Dogs from New York to Berlin Dogs have much to teach us humans about selflessness, loyalty and incorruptibility. As crime-fighters aiding the police, Special Forces dogs, in particular, heed the call of duty with all the courage that their owners and fellow officers have. Author Violetta Kovacs presents 12 true and touching stories of these brave, tough, smart and beautiful animals in her latest book, K9 Commando: Police and Army Dogs from New York to Berlin. Kovacs gives a voice to those brave and honorable officers of the K9 variety who cannot speak for themselves. Her tales of their exploits demonstrate what extraordinary creatures they are. For thousands of years, man and his four-legged “best friend” have had a special bond. As guide dogs for the blind, search-and-rescue dogs for the lost, sheep dogs for shepherds or simply companions for ordinary people, dogs have always taken their place at their masters' sides. This bond is no more apparent than with the Special Forces K9 officers Kovacs honors with K9 Commando. The touching stories in the book prove without a doubt that a dog is not “just an animal.” It testifies to the truly deep and honest emotional relationship between a police officer and his dog.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 04 Aug 2015 05:48:24 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,741,502 books! | Top bar: Always visible