Apostle by Lacey Crowe

by Lacey Crowe

212,551,640 (5)None
Recently added byDarcia, LaceCM

No tags.

This book hurts. The pain is emotional and psychological. It's a blistering intensity that made me flinch and squirm. At times, I had to put the book down, breathe, do something else. Forget. Yet, I never once considered not returning to this story.

Before entering this world, you need to know that this isn't a polite read. The content is graphic. We have some intense violence, but never in a gratuitous fashion. It's there to move the story, and to move us, the readers. The content is also graphic in a psychological sense. This is a true psychological thriller. We are placed in the minds of twisted, damaged psychopaths, and the world looks quite different through their eyes.

The pace is fast, the twists unexpected and brutal. The author spares no one. She shows us the truth of the world beneath our pretty facade, and dares us to stare that truth in the face.

Lacey Crowe takes us on a disturbing ride that is guaranteed to knock you out of your comfort zone. I knew I should despise Benji and Beth, but I couldn't and didn't, and instead found myself hoping beyond reason that they would find peace. And then I realized that, in doing so, my definition of peace would have to be radically altered to fit whole new parameters.

A good book entertains me. A great book immerses me in emotions, makes me care when I don't necessarily want to, makes me question what I thought I knew about myself. Lacey Crowe has written a great book. ( )
  Darcia | Feb 21, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,559,482 books! | Top bar: Always visible