You're Loved No Matter What: Freeing Your…

You're Loved No Matter What: Freeing Your Heart from the Need to Be…

by Holley Gerth

You're Loved No Matter What is a thought provoking book. There is a quiz about Ways Your Life May Be Affected by the Pressure to Be Perfect, such as Isolation and Loneliness, Anxiety, Depression, Irritability, Indecisiveness, Low Self-Worth, and Ongoing Physical Symptoms. I have at times felt isolated and lonely even in a crowd of people. We all have felt a little anxiety at one time or the other. Depression comes and goes. Irritability is sometimes an every day thing. Indecisiveness we have once in awhile, sometimes we have low self worth, and sometimes we have ongoing physical symptoms. This book gives you some insight into how to cope with these things. It has so many interesting subjects that hit home with a lot of us, and tells us how to deal with them. This is a book to keep close at hand. I received a complimentary copy from Revell Books for this review. ( )
  Jean_Kellman | Jul 30, 2016 |
Wednesday, March 11, 2015
You're Loved No Matter What by Holley Gerth, © 2015
Freeing Your Heart from the Need to Be Perfect

A come-along-side book to study in a group or as part of your devotional time in a quiet setting, freeing your heart from the need to be perfect will blend into a love beyond measure in your relationship with God, Our Father. Discovering His purpose for our lives without distortion! As in a marriage, unrealistic expectations bog you down.

As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God.
--Psalm 42:1 ~ God's Word to the Nations

I love this example given, pages 91-92: There's an old story about two pots. One was perfect in every way. The other had cracks and broken places. Each day a woman filled the pots with rainwater she collect and then carried them down the path to her home. The first pot felt proud that she never leaked a single drop. The other felt ashamed, because no matter how hard she tried, she spilled a lot along the way.
One day the two pots overheard the woman talking with someone who lived nearby. The neighbor exclaimed, "The flowers along your path are so beautiful! What's your secret?"
The woman answered, "One of my pots is broken, and the water that spills out helps the flowers grow every day."

May we be open to what He is doing in and through our lives; His overflow allowed to pour out upon others. He is the freedom, allowing others to come alongside too. When we truly believe we're already loved, our lives become a response to God's love and we want to do what pleases Him.

Page 133 ~ When we live under perfectionism, we're following a system that has this progression:
Work ----------> Approval
But God switches the order:
Approval ----------> Work
When we do what we do as a response to knowing we're already loved and accepted, rather than as a way to earn love and acceptance, it changes everything.

And best of all ~ Holley notes she crossed out w-o-r-k-er and replaced it with w-o-r-s-h-i-p-e-r ~ page 187 ~ ...here's how we're meant to live, friends: with one handful holding tight to what God has given us--love, joy, peace, grace, goodness. And the other hand empty and open for whatever else he would have us receive.

I have entered a few things in my review that stood out to me ~ far smaller than the whole. Full of love and grace, we can receive all that is meant especially and exactly for us individually and collectively!

***Thank you to Revell Nonfiction for inviting me to be part of the blog tour for Holley Gerth's You're Loved No Matter What and for sending me a review copy. This review was written in my own words. No other compensation was received.*** ( )
  lanehillhouse | Mar 12, 2015 |
Title: You’re Loved No Matter What
Author: Holley Gerth
Website: http://holleygerth.com/
Pages: 224
Year: 2015
Publisher: Revell
The subtitle to the book is “Freeing Your Heart from the Need to be Perfect” what a strong message we all need to be reminded of when pressures mount either from within ourselves or from without. Women strive to be perfect or at least their idea of it but that striving ends up with more burdens to carry especially when a woman falls short. Can the pursuit of perfection keep us from hearing from God what He longs for us to hear?
The author reminds us that we are supposed to be perfect; in fact we won’t be prefect this side of heaven. Our sinful flesh keeps that target of perfection always out of reach but Jesus well He already knows us, intimately. Jesus isn’t asking for our vain attempts of perfection at all! In fact He is acquainted with all our ways and loves us more than we can comprehend.
Within the pages the author calls women to discover fact from fiction, what perceived expectations or demands are from what our reality is called to be. Now lest you think just reading the book will bring instantaneous change it won’t there are choices to be made and some maybe hard. The bottom line is how much do you want to be free from perfectionism? If you’re ready to journey to freedom then read, prayerfully ask the Lord what He would have you do and then go forth.
The choice is in your hands.
My rating is 4 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/. Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457 ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Mar 6, 2015 |
added by Jean_Kellman | editReading With Jean, Jean Kellman (Feb 25, 2015)

How would your life be different if you truly believed you're loved just as you are?" Holley Gerth poses this compelling question at the start of her latest book. As someone who has connected with thousands of women, Holley has seen the dangers of becoming trapped by impossible standards of beauty, achievement, and even spirituality. We believe if only we were perfect we could beat our depression, banish anxiety, and develop the relationships we long for most. Holley shares how God wants to set the hearts of women free by revealing the lies we believe and the scandalous grace and acceptance offered to us instead. When we know we're truly loved, the response is to love in return--and that changes everything.

Bestselling author and every woman's best friend, Holley Gerth helps women lay down their unrealistic expectations so they can embrace who God created them to be, pursue his purpose for their lives, and offer the love they've been freely given.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:43 -0400)

You're not supposed to be perfect-- you're supposed to be human. Gerth shares how God wants to set our hearts free from lies. She shows Christian women how to embrace what He created us to be; pursue His purpose in our lives; and offer others the love we've been freely given.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,456,970 books! | Top bar: Always visible