Wreckage by Emily Bleeker

Wreckage (2015)

by Emily Bleeker

English (17)  Italian (1)  All (18)
The pregnancy and infertility plotlines in this novel were so inaccurate as to be insulting, and as a result I had a real problem with this book. The plane crash story itself is fine; it tries to get at some themes of deception and marriage but ultimately it is terrible and the author should have done a basic amount of research about egg donation and IUD pregnancies before basing plot events around them. This book is insulting to people going through infertility and anyone who knows about IUD pregnancies will roll their eyes, hard. ( )
  sparemethecensor | Sep 16, 2017 |
Great book!

I was skeptical, as I often am when I get a book for free (kindle unlimited) but this book was a pleasant surprise. I loved the characters, the was it switched from the point of view of each of the two main characters who narrated the story, and the way it went back and forth between past and present tense. I couldn't put it down and couldn't wait to see what happened next and I was satisfied with the ending. I give this book a five star rating without thinking twice and recommend it to anyone. ( )
  JordanAshleyPerkins | Jan 26, 2017 |
Selected this book as a part of the Kindle First program. I was drawn in from the opening paragraphs and the author was able to keep my attention throughout the book, although I'm typically not of a fan of books that flip back and forth between different time periods. The struggle of the characters to adjust to life on a deserted island and post-rescue portrayed a range of emotions that seemed realistic. There was a time during the book that I thought I had missed a character in the book at the mention of his name and this drove me to continue to reading. The book's ending was unexpected a bit too tidy in a way. ( )
  Nyshae | Oct 30, 2016 |
Starts off great and through the first 3/4 of the book then it falls flat and goes from fiction to fantasyland.

Purchased the through Amazon Prime Kindle Firsts. Part of 52 Weeks 52 Books is was 2015 week 13 Book. ( )
  yvonne.sevignykaiser | Apr 2, 2016 |
Natasha Vincent
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
To my husband, Joe - You are my best friend, my confidant, and the one person I'd love to be stranded with on a deserted island.
Sometimes you have to lie.
No wonder that young mother in the pictures smiled so easily. She didn't know yet that sometimes life makes different choices than you do.

In this intriguing tale of survival, secrets, and redemption, two everyday people thrown together by tragedy must finally face the truth, even if it tears them apart.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,758,793 books! | Top bar: Always visible