Revenge Of The Chili Queens by Kylie Logan

Revenge Of The Chili Queens

by Kylie Logan

91950,433 (3.88)1

Let me start off by saying this. If you haven’t read a book by author Kylie Logan, you have been missing out on some wonderfully fun and well written mysteries. It’s my suggestion that you change that today. The Chili Cook-Off Mystery series is a good place to start!

REVENGER OF THE CHILI QUEEN was simply a pleasure to read. The combinations of author Logan’s skillful writing and her sense for plotting a great mystery, took me on a fun ride through this fabulous story.

I love series lead Maxie and her half-sister Sylvia. They have a great dynamic that insures any scene with them together is going to be fun to read. I also think Maxie and I would get along great. We can both be a little sarcastic. ;-)

The discovery of the body comes pretty early in the book and from that point on, it was a thrill ride of mystery and surprises. There were several time where I even held my breath, with the longest being near the end of the book during the killer’s reveal. Honestly, if that part has been a few pages longer, I may have passed out from lack of oxygen!

Congratulations, Ms. Logan. REVENGE OF THE CHILI QUEENS was the best in the series to date!

Included in the back of the book is a yummy tummy rumbling chili recipe, and also an excerpt of, AND THEN THERE WERE NUNS, book four in her League Of Literary Ladies Mystery series! ( )
  LisaKsBookReviews | Aug 3, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425262448, Mass Market Paperback)

The author of Death by Devil’s Breath takes the chili cook-off circuit to southern Texas to prove that revenge is a dish best served hot . . .

Everyone in San Antonio remembers the Alamo, but how many remember the Chili Queens? Back in the early twentieth century, these spicy señoras sold their lip-smacking chili in plazas all around the city. Now, as part of the Chili Showdown, Maxie and her half-sister, Sylvia, are dressing up as the Chili Queens to raise money for charity.

But someone wasn’t feeling too charitable toward a local troubadour, who is murdered at the fundraiser. When their friend Nick Falcone, head of security for the Showdown, actually becomes the prime suspect, it’s up to Maxie and Sylvia to turn the heat up on a killer, who’s planning a chili reception for them . . .

INCLUDES DELICIOUS RECIPES!

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 03 Jul 2015 12:29:46 -0400)

Everyone in San Antonio remembers the Alamo, but how many remember the Chili Queens? Back in the early twentieth century, these spicy seoras sold their lip-smacking chili in plazas all around the city. Now, as part of the Chili Showdown, Maxie and her half-sister, Sylvia, are dressing up as the Chili Queens to raise money for charity. But someone wasn't feeling too charitable toward a local troubadour, who is murdered at the fundraiser. When their friend Nick Falcone, head of security for the Showdown, actually becomes the prime suspect, it's up to Maxie and Sylvia to turn the heat up on a killer, who's planning a chili reception for them.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,376,682 books! | Top bar: Always visible