The Diva Steals A Chocolate Kiss by Krista…

The Diva Steals A Chocolate Kiss

by Krista Davis

Eh. I think I might be done with this series. I don't get what she's doing with the characters and I don't care anymore either.

It took me forever to finish this one and it would take me forever to review it so I'm not going to. Suffice it to say this series and I have grown apart and it's time to shake hands and go our separate ways. ( )
  murderbydeath | Nov 27, 2016 |
Sophie Winston is working as an event planner/caterer, as the local Amore Chocolates celebrates is sixtieth anniversary. When the patriarch goes missing, and a rival is found dead in a tub, it's up to Sophie and her delightful friends to keep Old Town safe once again. I really liked how all the family connections came into play and the big reveal was quite fun. There was a bit less Domestic Diva, but it was tempered by a lot of fascinating chocolate tidbits. ( )
  ethel55 | Jul 10, 2015 |
This book starts with a great character guide to help the reader become more familiar with the characters. I’ve seen this in a lot of books recently and I think it’s a cool feature. Also, each chapter begins with a Dear Sophie or Dear Natasha letter. I had to keep myself from going through the whole book and reading them all at once!

This ninth installment of the Domestic Diva series may be the best so far. The storyline was wonderful. It pulled me in from the very first page and kept me entranced until the end.

While I can cook and bake, I am so far away from being a domestic diva. Series lead, Sophie Winston, makes it seem so easy. And she still has time to solve mysteries! The supporting characters are all so diverse, but they blend really well together. They are a group of people I wouldn’t mind hanging out with.

The worst part of THE DIVA STEALS A CHOCOLATE KISS was when it ended. I didn’t want it to! I’m already looking forward to book ten.

Don’t forget to check out the back of the book for some wonderful recipes and a sneak peek of MURDER MOST HOWL, the upcoming book in Krista’s Paws and Claws Mystery series! ( )
  LisaKsBookReviews | Jun 2, 2015 |
The Diva Steals A Chocolate Kiss is the ninth book in the A Domestic Diva Mystery series.

Sophie Winston is busy putting the finishing touches on the Amore Chocolates sixtieth anniversary gala celebration at Joe Amore's family mansion in Alexandria, VA. The company has held a contest and the winners of various candies have been invited to attend the celebration and to have their creations sampled. For a couple days prior to the party, Sophie has been receiving small boxes with four pieces of chocolate candies in them. Since they are unmarked and she has no idea who sent them, she hasn't been eating them. The day before the party, Coco, Joe's daughter, and Joe's mom, Nonni-co-founder of Amore, come to Sophie's home to go over some last minute details. While there Nonni and Coco sample the candies in one the boxes. Within in minutes Coco passes out and Sophie's first thought is that the chocolates had been poisoned. Fortunately that wasn't the case.

As the celebration is about to begin, Sophie notices that the family seems to be on edge and not as outgoing as they have been during the planning meetings leading up to the celebration. Then she soon finds out that Joe has gone missing and everyone is sure that he has been kidnapped. As the party is winding down Sophie is checking that things have been picked up and enters the guesthouse to check it. As she is picking up glasses and plates, she notices a champange glass that has a couple undissolved pills in it. Something about this seems wrong to her and she puts the glass in a safe place, in case it might be important. As she goes to check the bathroom, she finds the body of Arnaud Turnebe laying over the edge of the bathtub, dead. A medical examination shows that he had been strangled. Turnebe was also a maker of chocolates and was able to open a store in Old Alexandria in direct competition with the Amore's. As Sophie begins to do some sleuthing she learns that not only was Turnebe using an alias, but he had at one time dated Coco and her estranged sister, Marla. In addition he had ties to two of the contest winners, who might have reasons for getting rid of Turnebe. As Sophie begins to look into Joe's disappearance and the murder of Turnebe she soon discovers some the families well kep secrets.

Most all of the regular characters are back to help Sophie investigate. Her current boyfriend, Alex German, feels she is spending too much time with Detective Wolf Fleishman, former boyfriend, and Mars Winston, her ex-husband, investigating this case. Also her best friend Nina is back to provide lighter moment, as always. Such an enjoyable character. Of course Natasha, the desperate Diva is back to also provide some humorous times.

Helpful hints from the Diva's start each chapter and recipes are also included.

Looking forward to the next book in this delicious series. ( )
  FredYoder | Jun 2, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425258157, Mass Market Paperback)

The New York Times bestselling author of The Diva Wraps It Up unwraps an all-new tale in which chocolate is the kiss of death…

Domestic Diva Sophie Winston is in charge of the sweetest event in Old Town this summer. Amore Chocolates is celebrating its fiftieth anniversary with a chocolate tasting at the mansion of the company’s CEO, Joe Merano—and Sophie is running the show. With cookies, candy, and five kinds of chocolate cake, it’s a chocolate lover’s dream! But when Joe goes missing, the celebration becomes bittersweet. And when Sophie discovers the body of a competing chocolatier in the guesthouse, the event turns downright deadly.

As if that wasn’t enough, Sophie’s been receiving daily boxes of sweet treats. After ruling out her new beau and her exes, Sophie wonders if someone’s trying to send her a message—and if she’s next on a chocoholic’s hit list…

Includes delicious recipes and entertaining tips!

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 14 Apr 2015 01:15:49 -0400)

Domestic Diva Sophie Winston is in charge of the sweetest event in Old Town this summer. Amore Chocolates is celebrating its fiftieth anniversary with a chocolate tasting at the mansion of the company's CEO, Joe Merano, and Sophie is running the show. With cookies, candy, and five kinds of chocolate cake, it's a chocolate lover's dream! But when Joe goes missing, the celebration becomes bittersweet. And when Sophie discovers the body of a competing chocolatier in the guesthouse, the event turns downright deadly. As if that wasn't enough, Sophie's been receiving daily boxes of sweet treats. After ruling out her new beau and her exes, Sophie wonders if someone's trying to send her a message, and if she's next on a chocoholic's hit list. Includes delicious recipes and entertaining tips!… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,426,700 books! | Top bar: Always visible