The Paleo Chef: Quick, Flavorful Paleo Meals…

The Paleo Chef: Quick, Flavorful Paleo Meals for Eating Well

by Pete Evans

111820,536 (4)None

Way back before "gluten free" or "paleo diet" were phrases heard in everyday conversation, or mocked in Superbowl commercials, results from allergy testing to find out what was making me stop breathing revealed I was allergic to latex, wheat, cockroach poop, and a medication. Latex was the culprit for the anaphylaxis, and in the course of that life-changing, career-halting discovery, my wheat allergy got pushed to the background. But eventually, it got the recognition it deserved, and has essentially been eliminated from my diet. Now, family members, in an effort to regain health, have gone wheat and grain free, and done a 180 degree turn in their diet, placing them firmly back in the carnivore camp. As I relearn a repertoire of recipes to suit new palates, this book was an enormous help. The flavors practically fall off the page, presenting a mouthwatering array of ways to cook paleo. Though we are not actually following a paleo diet, the recipes fit right in with the cuisine in chez czuk, or provide a good launching point for experimentation. While some may find some tips, such "activating" nuts by soaking them, a pain, this is something we do already, so not a big routine change. There are some exotic ingredients, but it's possible to work around them if not obtainable. I anticipate a lot of fun doing just that.

And the best part? The little gluten-free bakery that was up the street, where we got totally yummy dense bread that reminded us of the breads we loved so much in Germany, without the wheat, closed, leaving us bereft and in search of decent GF bread. This book has a recipe that sounds pretty similar to what we love. I'm trying it today.

Thank you to blogging for books, and the publisher for sending me this book. For the bread recipe alone, you have my gratitude.

Tags: blogging-for-books, cookbook-collection, foodie, read, taught-me-something ( )
  bookczuk | Feb 1, 2015 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 160774743X, Hardcover)

Featured Recipes from The Paleo Chef

Root Vegetable Slaw
Download the recipe for Root Vegetable Slaw with Chervil Mayonnaise
Japanese Crispy Chicken
Download the recipe for Japanese Crispy Chicken with Miso Mayonnaise
Chocolate Brownies
Download the recipe for Chocolate Brownies

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:15 -0400)

"Acclaimed chef Pete Evans takes a whole new approach to making gluten-free, grain-free, and dairy-free meals that are worthy of a restaurant but effortless to prepare. The Paleo diet has taken America by storm as more and more people discover the health benefits of cutting out processed, sugary foods and instead eating quality proteins and fats, fresh vegetables and fruits, and nuts and seeds. However, following this way of eating doesn't mean sacrificing flavor or spending a long time in the kitchen. In The Paleo Chef, Pete Evans, one of Australia's leading chefs and food personalities, shows readers how to prepare gorgeous food that is satisfying, flavor-forward, and good for you. A graduate of New York's Institute of Integrative Nutrition and an enthusiastic supporter of the Paleo movement, Pete's mission is to revolutionize the way we eat and live. The Paleo Chef is his breakout book, a visually rich collection of more than 100 of his most inspired, no-sacrifice recipes for every meal of the day, from Sprouted Seed Bread to Chia Seed Pudding, Grilled Asparagus with Roasted Bone Marrow to Chocolate Beet Cake, and more"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,302,440 books! | Top bar: Always visible