Superstud: Or How I Became a 24-Year-Old…

Superstud: Or How I Became a 24-Year-Old Virgin

by Paul Feig

Superstud by Paul Feig, is a painful book to read. Much like the series he created, "Freaks and Geeks", there were a lot of thigns that resonated with me. But they won't resonate with a lot of people, so I realize this book isn't for everyone.
The story is mainly about the dating life, or lack thereof, of a geek. It's a nonfiction book, so Feig tells the story from his point of view, from his own painful (sometimes literally so) experience. It's really hard to describe the book any more than that, if only for the fact that so much of the content would be not work-safe. I did enjoy it, because a lot of it felt familiar, not only for the fact that he's a geek, but because he grew up in Michigan, where most of the events take place. I even got Lisa nostalgic by asking her about places he mentions. ( )
  bigdc | Aug 5, 2007 |
This is a pretty funny book. I liked it slightly better than his earlier book "kick me". I think the cringe factor was lessened because at least he is older in this novel.

There aren't too many laugh out loud moments here... i expected more... though the story about his rollerskating years had me laughing pretty hard.

this is a quick read - not for those people who are easily offended by frank sexual talk... ( )
  alanna1122 | Jul 20, 2007 |
Deeply embarrassing, but hilarious. ( )
  edhead | Jul 14, 2006 |

Offering a look at the various stages along his road to sexual development, the author describes his life growing up as a geek and looking for love.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,483,619 books! | Top bar: Always visible