Flirting with Fire by Kate Meader

Flirting with Fire

by Kate Meader

Flirting with Fire
Chicago fire we watch on tv, this is a story of one firehouse there as a woman tracks down Luke.
Kinsey is a press secretary for the mayor and he's avoided her phone calls. They also have a more personal relationship as well.
Luke had been suspended and was ordered to stay away from the firehouse.
She's looking for community work from him now...
Luke's sister and brothers had followed their father into the same career and they all worked at the same firehouse.
Story goes back in time to when his mother set the fire and he got adopted by the family and they raised him, keeping him out of foster homes.
Story also follows Gage who's gay and he attempts to get a boyfriend...
Hoped the story was more about the fire fighting techniques used in solving arsons, but it's more about politics and sex.
  jbarr5 | Nov 22, 2016 |
"It didn't get much more patriotic than sex

in a Chevy on the Fourth of July. God bless America."

"Kinsey?
Can't move, she finally gasped out. Orgasm paralysis"

OMG! Boy does Meader have a way with words. I'd give this book 6 stars it was so freaking awesome. I laughed out loud so often at Kinsey and Luke, I know my husband was seriously wondering if I was going around the bend. These two were some of the best NA characters I've had the opportunity to meet in awhile. Not only are they three dimensional, but Meader took the time and pages to do this with several of the secondary characters, which made this nearly 400 pages of sizzling hot guys. I mean they were scorching!
This was the first Meader book I've read but it certainly won't be the last. While the sex is hot, the story-line focuses on the family. Because they were foster kids, they are really serious when it comes to taking care of each other and having each other's back back. I can't wait to read the books on the rest of the boys and the only girl, feisty Alex, gets the next one. I really hope we don't have to wait too long for Gage's story. OMG! my mouth is watering just thinking about him and Brady (I so hope that romance gets its own book). ( )
  alterlisa | Mar 24, 2015 |
*I received this book in exchange for an honest review from the publisher.*

*Review will be cross-posted to www.MyBookAddictionandMore.com*
description

I'm not sure where to start with this one. FLIRTING WITH FIRE is book one in the Hot in Chicago series and starts off with some HEAT. We have several stories going on within this one, first and foremost we have Kinsey and Luke's story. But in the background you have Gabe and Brady's story (yes that's a m/m relationship that does get a hot but is handled well IMHO, more on that later.), you also have other smaller stories going on that leave you wanting to read more and knowing that these characters, Luke's sister and his brothers will get their own stories. At least we can hope so! I have to say I went into this one expecting a great read, mostly because hello it's about a hot fireman, so yeah you expect some heat. But I came away with a deeply emotional story, a fun sexy read, a story that I stayed up all night to read. The characters are fun, feisty, well written and keep you attached to the story. The setting of Chicago is fun, while I've visited Chicago I can't say how true the setting is. I can say it left me wanting to visit Chicago again (summer only).

FLIRTING WITH FIRE does contain what appears to be an ongoing storyline about two men, Gabe (Luke's foster brother) and Brady. There are moments when Gabe is very open about his desire, while I won't tell you if there's even a hint of a HEA for these two I will say that it's not a tame storyline. For me while I don't read m/m romances I found Gabe too great a character to want to skip those parts of the story.

For the main romance we have Kinsey and Luke. Both strong "alpha" type characters. Kinsey has been hurt and is unwilling to make decisions based on a man again. Luke likewise has been hurt by a strong woman and is thinking he needs a meek mild woman. Both learn they are wrong. Love doesn't fit any kind of set plans, it just happens, usually when we least expect it. I loved watching these two fall in love, fight, struggle with their own fears and doubts and wonder if they'd really get a HEA. Fans of hot firemen will love this one.I can't wait for book 2, PLAYING WITH FIRE. FLIRTING WITH FIRE was a great fun quick read. I loved it from beginning to end, honestly I hated to turn to the last page. I'd recommend this one to fans of contemporary romance who like heat and love. ( )
  WendyK | Mar 24, 2015 |

Public relations specialist Kinsey Taylor is given the assignment of rehabilitating the reputation of Chicago's Engine Company 6. Firefighter Luke Almeida hates the idea of running around half-naked for the Men on Fire calendar scheme cooked up by Kinsey. But if he's going to be driven mad by this media circus, he's going to drive Kinsey crazy too--for him.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,680,115 books! | Top bar: Always visible