Odium II: The Dead Saga by Claire C. Riley

by Claire C. Riley

821,035,133 (4.08)None

FGMAMTC Blog Review
Wow! That ending!

I've read a few zombie books, but Odium highlights some things that hadn't garnered my attention before and left me with plenty of questions. One survivor has a way of herding the undead by way of electric currents. Zombies don't have body functions so when they eat it has no place to go; thus, you get deaders with pieces of bodies inside them. The smells, the smells! How far are people willing to experiment in order to find a cure? What if it's not a virus but rather the next evolution?

Nina is relatable to most of us. She tries to be strong and help others. She's plagued by what is right morally versus strategically. At the end of the last book, Nina is at the mercy of the forgotten. Let's just say they aren't very merciful with her. And our girl Nina just can't keep her queries at bay. She has a habit of sticking her nose into things, out of one situation and into another.

Several new characters enter the story, some in passing and others in major ways. Hilary and Deacon are a couple that have a story running parallel with that of Nina and her crew. I definitely can't wait to find out more from them. Also, notice the blurb says "Some secrets are too horrific to ever be forgiven, and some people should never be trusted." We've witnessed some of this already in the previous book but not like this. It's the apocalypse—people be crazy!

I loved this book, and I will definitely be continuing the series.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

FULL REVIEW CAN BE FOUND AT http://fangirlmomentsandmytwocents.blogspot.com/2015/07/odium-ii-by-claire-c-ril... ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
ABR's full Odium II audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

We pick up where we left Nina in the first book…..although not exactly where we left them which was a good thing…..after reading the blurb I was a bit hesitant to start this one as I did not know if I could handle hearing what Nina went through with the Forgotten….. it was nice that we started out a bit further in and then kind of flashed back….it was not so hard to hear after that (still brutal but…easier to deal with at least for me). The first new couple we meet are Deacon & Hillary, who don’t meet up with Nina and crew but I thought it was headed there…..when I finally figured out who they were…it was a Holy Crap! moment. There was also the OCD/Cleaning obsessed kids and then at their final destination the people at the army base/bunker. I’m not going go into detail here cause I’m not sure I can do it without giving spoilers, you are just going to have to read or listen yourself, trust me it’s good.

My biggest compliant about this book is that the author seemed to way over use “I roll my eyes” for Nina….I stopped counting after the 34th mention…..I know it’s a small thing to nitpick but it was used so much it stood out. My only other complaint and I’m sure I’m not alone is Hello Cliffhanger…..I mean really, first we have to come to terms with the whole Nina and Mikey thing…..then you give us that ending….ARRRRGGGGHHHH. I have decided I am waiting for the series to be complete and then I can listen to them all back to back……which will kinda suck to have to wait but I think in the end I will be a much happier reader/listener (I have no patience….I want to know what happens and I usually want to know now….)

The narration…..again Jennifer Reilly did a fabulous job with all the characters and she really does Nina’s character well, I also really enjoyed her voice for Nova. She made distinguishing all the characters very easy as they all their own unique voice or way of speaking and I’m looking forward to seeing what else she narrates.

So, if you are reading this review and you have not read Odium…STOP, go get the first book and get pulled into this crazy messed up zombie apocalypse and enjoy the ride.

Audiobook provided for review by the author. ( )
  audiobibliophile | May 15, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,167,839 books! | Top bar: Always visible