Hard to Let Go by Laura Kaye

What a ride this has been from remembering the first book where Becca Merritt walks into a tattoo shop with a note that reopens deep wounds for 5 dishonored soldiers. Over the course of the series those 5 men got back together to find out who had framed them and what really went down all those years ago.

Each book in the series had given us more clues but Hard to Let Go finally gives all the answers and seeing the 5 good men finally get vindication for their service to their country was very heartfelt. Along with finally getting all the information on the who and why there is of course of a romance between the last remaining team member – Beckett Murda and Kat Rixey who is Nic and Jeremy’s sister.

This was a great series and amazingly enough it’s all takes place just over a month. Every couple’s romance was hot and fast but also included one or both getting the much needed healing from the horror’s of that mission gone wrong or from something else traumatic that happened in the past. From the first book you fell in love with these guys and in turn the women that came to love them.

Though its sad this series has ended I am happy that soon we will get Raven Riders MC series which is a spin-off to The Hard Ink Series. So hopefully we will get to see the Hard Ink guys in some capacity in that series.
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
my only complaint is that I wish the epilogue was longer and more in the future, but hoping that we get more insight into the character's future with the next series. Can't wait to read that, and I don't even like MC books. ( )
  TerriBowles | Jun 26, 2016 |
Kat and Beckett

This was a very good ending to this series; it finished all the converging plot lines in the story without feeling like the ending was rushed. I see that the Ravens are next for a series from Ms Kaye, I hope we get to see some of the Hard Ink characters again there.

SPOILERS BELOW!!

Kat and Beckett sounded good together but I found it hard to believe that with all Beckett's inner demons he could open up as quickly as it was written. And I doubt they let you out of the hospital in a week after open heart surgery. Literary license was really stretched out of shape as far as credible recovery time.

And I can't believe they could walk away from a multiple shooting no matter who was taking their accounts. These little departures from reality are hard for me to read and just keep going. Spelling errors bother some people it's these obvious "things that would never happen" that stop and pull me right out of the story. ( )
  CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062267949, Mass Market Paperback)

Five dishonored soldiers.
Former Special Forces.
One last mission.
These are the men of Hard Ink.

Beckett Murda hates to dwell on the past. But his investigation into the ambush that killed half his Special Forces team and ended his Army career gives him little choice. Just when his team learns how powerful their enemies are, hard-ass Beckett encounters his biggest complication yet--a seductive, feisty Katherine Rixey.

A tough, stubborn prosecutor, Kat visits her brothers' Hard Ink Tattoo shop following a bad break-up--and finds herself staring down the barrel of a stranger's gun. Beckett is hard-bodied and sexy as hell, but he's also the most infuriating man ever. Worse, Kat's brothers are at war with the criminals her office is investigating. When Kat joins the fight, she lands straight in Beckett's sights . . . and in his arms. Not to mention their enemies' crosshairs.

Now Beckett and Kat must set aside their differences to work together, because the only thing sweeter than justice is finding love and never letting go.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:48 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,074,983 books! | Top bar: Always visible