Bradbury Stories: 100 of His Most Celebrated…

Bradbury Stories: 100 of His Most Celebrated Tales (2003)

by Ray Bradbury

Have read some of these stories and loved some, and some are 'eh'. I'll get back to it, I'm sure. I'm reading other books now, so this goes to the books-to-pick-up-and-read-in-bits shelf.
  homeschoolmimzi | Nov 28, 2016 |
This book took a while. Part of that was because it is massive (888 pages); part of it is because this is the kind of book that you savor. It you read too much of it in a stretch, then you start losing the beauty of the writing. Bradbury paints pictures in his stories. Some of these are science fiction, some are fantasy, and other have just a touch of horror. It isn't the horror that leaves nothing to the imagination, but rather the one that you just know that what happens after the last word is going to be unpleasant.

Many of the stories I knew from other collections, still others were new to me. All of them are good. I'd suggest if you are reading to meet a goal of "X" number of books that you save this until after you've met your goal or that you read it in between books. You'll want to dip in and enjoy it.

Who will like this book? Anyone who enjoys fantasy or enjoys reading beautifully drawn stories. I think you will find it rewarding. ( )
  Jean_Sexton | Sep 5, 2016 |
This collection got me through the last few weeks of a very tough pregnancy. I love his lyrical prose and especially his stories about Mars. ( )
  silva_44 | Aug 9, 2014 |
I think I need smaller doses. I'll come back to it, but I had to return it to the library, and that's OK for now.
  liz.mabry | Sep 11, 2013 |
I read this awhile back, before I was on Goodreads. Bradbury seems to be more conservative now from what I read...he has some opinions that I don't really think would benefit human kind, which makes me sad. Still, he's really one of the best story tellers that ever walked the Earth. ( )
  kirstiecat | Mar 31, 2013 |
I’ve never been in charge of my stories, they’ve always been in charge of me. As each new one has called to me, ordering me to give it voice and form and life, I’ve followed the advice I’ve shared with other writers over the years: Jump off the cliff and build your wings on the way down.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:18 -0400)

For more than sixty years, the imagination of Ray Bradbury has opened doors into remarkable places, ushering us across unexplored territories of the heart and mind while leading us inexorably toward a profound understanding of ourselves and the universe we inhabit. In this landmark volume, America's preeminent storyteller offers us one hundred treasures from a lifetime of words and ideas. The stories within these pages were chosen by Bradbury himself, and span a career that blossomed in the pulp magazines of the early 1940s and continues to flourish in the new millennium. Here are representatives of the legendary author's finest works of short fiction, including many that have not been republished for decades, all forever fresh and vital, evocative and immensely entertaining.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,731,176 books! | Top bar: Always visible