Dog Day Wedding by Rich Amooi

Dog Day Wedding

by Rich Amooi

274402,159 (4)None

I didn't think it was possible but this book is even funnier than the last. I didn't even care if I was reading in a public place I just kept laughing out loud all the time. I was in fits, I literally had to keep putting my iPad down so it wouldn't fall out of my hands. And what a story! I don't know if I'd want to pass on those genes if I had a mother like that. The poor guy had a hard enough time as it is. This book is a rom com movie waiting to happen.

Is there an Oscar for books? Because Dog Day Wedding deserves one for being a star in a comedy role. Rating it 10 stars.

I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review ( )
  Ash_P | Mar 8, 2016 |
4 ½ Stars

Originally posted at The Bookaholic Cat

Giovanni Roma was left at the altar, for a second time. Not wanting to deal with his family and guests, he silently leaves the church, gets in his car and almost runs over a little dog. The owner of the dog is an old woman, panicking because her “Precious” has escape and is in danger. Giovanni is a good man with a good heart, and decides to do something good in a bad day. He leaves his car on the road and runs after the dog. After some running he is able to catch little Precious, but when he returns to his car a very attractive policewoman is giving him a ticket for wrongful parking. Could his day get any worse?
After explaining to the policewoman the events that led him to leave his car in the middle of the road, she feels bad for him and lets him go with just a warning.
What Giovanni didn’t know was that the policewoman was his neighbor’s granddaughter, Natalie DeMarco, and she is staying next door for the next two weeks, before her wedding.
Circumstances let Natalie and Giovanni to become friends and soon after Natalie starts to question if her marriage to Jacks is really what she wants or if she’s simply settling because she thinks is the right thing/moment to do it.

Giovanni and Natalie make a perfect couple. They are just what the other needed to be complete and happy. It was very sweet and fun to see them fall in love.
The secondary characters are hilarious especially Giovanni’s mother with her matchmaking antics and Natalie’s grandfather with his wonderful stories and his love for his deceased wife.

Are you having a bad day? Do you need something to cheer you up and made you laugh? Did you read a very dark book and need something to lighten your mood? If you answer yes to any of those, read this book. Dog Day Wedding by Rich Amooi is a fun, sweet, cute story with many laughing out loud moments.

Dog Day Wedding was my first book by Rich Amooi, but it won’t be my last, that’s for sure. ( )
  BookaholicCat | Mar 4, 2015 |
A lively romance with some wonderful characters including perhaps the most horrifically embarrassing mother ever. I enjoyed this book and recommend it. ( )
  JaiW | Feb 5, 2015 |

Rich Amooi is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,440,314 books! | Top bar: Always visible