The Sell: The Secrets of Selling Anything to…

The Sell: The Secrets of Selling Anything to Anyone

by Fredrik Eklund

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Sorry about the delay in reviewing this book: it got lost in my move and I've only just found it. Review to come once I've actually managed to read it!
  terriko | Dec 13, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I am not a salesperson. I've never been able to talk anyone into buying anything and I give up easily when they say "no". However, I own my own small home-based business and I need to be able to convince people that what I have to sell is what they want to buy so this book came at a good time for me. Easy to read, written as if you and he are sitting having coffee, this book is well organized. Written to not only teach you to sell material items, the book helps you to sell yourself to anyone - your boss, your co-workers, friends or to people you want to meet. Plan to keep this one to refer to it often for idea refreshes and helpful advice.
  dyers91 | Oct 25, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review and, honestly, I did not know who Fredrik Eklund was before I started reading. I imagine your estimation of the content of the book will depend heavily upon how you feel about the person. To me... well, he seems like someone intimately connected to "the sell" -- and the most important thing he is selling is himself (which is arguably true of all of us... it's just a matter of *how* you want to be portrayed). From his watch to his haircut to his schedule, everything is shaped to create a certain appearance. He suggests you do the same. The book is wide-reaching in its advice -- it mentions topics as diverse as sleep, exercise, hygiene, social media, how to approach meetings, etc. He never treads into new territory -- everything has been written about before (and more in depth), but if you are new to the business world and/or find his delivery entertaining, then the book will prove a quick, easy, and perhaps somewhat instructional read. I, however, could not shake off the uneasy feeling you get when someone preaches being authentic while providing very contrived advice... ( )
  Ella.Kennen | Oct 24, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I found his book entertaining. He is very passionate about what he does. I found a lot of it similar to other things I have heard. A day in his life was interesting; he really fills it up. I also think this book is ok for people interested in high price real estate or just like make million+ sales. ( )
  lizamichelle1 | Aug 7, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was a tough read. I'm not sure that I got anything out of it. I've read other sales books that I gained more from. I thought maybe it was just my take but I passed it to some of the other sales members at my workplace and received the same feedback. Their thoughts were that this person was very impressed with their own importance. ( )
  schmapp | Jul 23, 2015 |

Book did not Sell me / Basic info with explanations far too long / And cover photo looks creepy

" The nation's #1 real estate broker and star of Bravo's Million Dollar Listing New York shares his secrets for superstar success and getting what you want out of life-no matter who you are or what you do. Ten years ago, Fredrik Eklund moved to New York City from his native Sweden with nothing but a pair of worn-out sneakers and a dream: to make it big in the city that never sleeps. Since then, he's become the top seller in the most competitive real estate market on the planet, brokering multimillion-dollar deals for celebrities, selling out properties all over the city, and charming audiences around the world as one of the stars of the hit Bravo series Million Dollar Listing New York. Now, for the first time, Fredrik shares his secrets so that anyone can find success doing what they love. According to Fredrik, even if you don't consider yourself a salesperson, you've been in sales your whole life because every day you are selling your most important asset: yourself. Whenever you influence, persuade or convince someone to give you something in exchange for what you've got-whether it's a luxury home, a great idea at work, or your profile on Match.com-you are selling. And if you know how to sell the right way, you can live your dream. That is what The Sell is all about. Blending personal stories, hilarious anecdotes, and the expertise he's gained from his meteoric rise, Fredrik has written the modern guide on becoming successful, a book that tells you how to recognize and cultivate your true talents and make the ultimate sell. From the importance of being your most authentic self to looking like a million bucks even if you don't have a million bucks (yet!), he shows how intangible factors like personality and charm can get you noticed and make you shine. He also shares his tips and tricks for preparing, persuading, and negotiating so that in any of life's dealings, you'll come out a winner. Whether you work on Wall Street or at Wal-Mart, aim to become the top seller at your company or want to impress a first date, The Sell will help you have more personal and professional success, lead a rich and fulfilling life, and have fun along the way. "--… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Fredrik Eklund's book The Sell: The Secrets of Selling Anything to Anyone was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,413,442 books! | Top bar: Always visible