Stuff Every Golfer Should Know by Brian…

Stuff Every Golfer Should Know

by Brian Bertoldo, Brian Bertoldo

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I love golf. I am terrible at golf. This book is going to be a stocking stuffer for all of my friends who love golf whether they are good or not. It has some fun facts for those that like trivia; advice for the novice and some tips even that frequent golfers can benefit from reading.

I especially think the etiquette is beneficial for novices or corporate cogs who are put into a forced march out on the course. ( )
1 vote ponder | Jul 19, 2015 |
This is a really cute pocket book for golfers and it comes in handy for the novice player like me. Since I don't play to much golf I was able to give it to my father as a Father's Day gift. It has a lot of good information about the history of golf and an essential guide on the must-haves when you are on the golf course. It basically has all the information you need to playing golf. I really like the fact that it is a pocket size book so you can take it on-the-go with you. ( )
  nevans1972 | Jun 27, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Definitely a pocket sized book, one a golfer could put in his golf bag and use as a handy reference at the 19th Hole to settle bets. A treasure trove of historical fact and fanciful fiction. After all don’t you want to know why there are 18 holes on the modern golf course? And it is not because there are 18 shots in a bottle of scotch despite all you might hear or hope. A short primer on exercises to keep fit during those long winter months when, despite all you may want to, there is not a course open anywhere within reason. A list of five movies to entertain you, golf bag essentials to carry. Finally a section of what to do out on the course, from etiquette to health tips to first aid for both the body and your game.

Finally there are a few jokes to lighten your mood after perhaps a not so wonderful round and all your buddies have made their personal best score and refuse to understand your melancholia. Wretched though you may feel take heart; it is all behind you and your little pocketbook will assuage your hurts and comfort you. ( )
  WhitmelB | Mar 17, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A typical Father's Day type present book filled with golfing tidbits that can be found in a hundred other similar books. This small book is filled with topics including history, style, Majors, calculaing your handicap, winter activities and much more. ( )
  cal8769 | Mar 15, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
For what it is, this is an excellent book. It's a stocking stuffer book—small (6" x 3") with short, pithy chapters on all sorts of golf trivia. Lots of little facts that I think any avid golfer would like to have easy access to. The variety is good - everything from best golf movies to different ways of betting to the history of the golf ball. None of this is in depth, but it's certainly a fast read. Would make a fun book as a small gift, table handout at a golf outing, etc. Would have liked a slightly better copy edit - the page on Pebble Beach (one of my all time favorite courses) had two errors, but hopefully that will be fixed. ( )
  NellieMc | Mar 9, 2015 |
Overall it's okay. It's kind of middle of the road. The jokes are mostly elementary level that result in a small chuckle. I liked the history about how the game was started and the ban because of men not focusing on archery. That was pretty interesting. The other little tidbits of information are hit or miss, some of it general knowledge of the game, others were kind of common sense like not playing during a lightning storm. I'd say it would be a good book to have in the bathroom of a bachelor pad as it is a good bathroom read.
added by MrShawnsLilLady | editLibraryThing Early Reviewers, Stacey Cossins (Mar 14, 2015)

Brian Bertoldoprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bertoldo, Brianmain authorall editionsconfirmed

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Brian Bertoldo's book Stuff Every Golfer Should Know was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,430,264 books! | Top bar: Always visible