Stuff Every Groom Should Know by Eric San…

Stuff Every Groom Should Know

by Eric San Juan

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I won this book right before I got engaged so perfect timing. I gave it to my fiance and he loved it. It was funny and offered some great advice. ( )
  Flyaway1987 | Sep 9, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Yep I am a female and nowhere close to being a groom but I was intrigued by this little book, which is about the size of your palm but packed full of goodies. And I am so jealous the guys have such a good book like this out and laying about :)

First of all I think it is probably safe to say that even though it is leaning towards grooms in general this book can be read by anyone. In fact I would even recommend it for a bride-to-be just since there is so much good and wise advice within the book for marriage and honeymoon planning that it will help her to be able to get some control of the perils that may be found or how to just relax while planning up on this great event.

Eric San Juan does a great job in keeping the book clean and clear enough that it isn't heavy lecturing reading. There is also a lightheartedness to the pages while a brotherly tone that makes for fast reading since it is like he is in the same room and sharing with you, which in a sense you can say he is, but at a pace that doesn't seem like it's hurried.

And finally as a female I did some good giggles while I know that at the diner they were probably wondering what I was reading at the diner. Seems like I was in good company when reading the dedication....

**Received this book as part of the Members Giveaway at Librarything.com for free in exchange for a review** ( )
  flamingrosedrakon | Aug 26, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Great little book. It contains wide information from before potentially becoming a groom, like getting engaged, popping the question, and all the other things that come right after.
  claudiakmg | Jul 30, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was lucky enough to win this book in Early Reviewers. My son is getting married this summer, and I can't think of a more perfect guide to give him. It appears to have been written by a man, thus looses the stuffy air some female written guides can have when it comes to etiquette. There is a casual, fun, yet knowledgable "I've been there" vibe to the book. As a more "mature" reader who is trying to hold on to the last vestigages of manners and grace in a text at the dinner table world, I especially enjoyed pointing out this chapter to my prospective bride and groom: "How to Meet and Greet Strangers". It has great advice on thanking people for their attendance, then gently extracating yourself and moving on. I really can't think of a better gift to give the brand new groom. Highly recommend! ( )
  CynthiaLesiuk | May 17, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Both entertaining and pertinent, this pocket sized groom's companion has it all! From proposal through marriage, this book has tongue-in-cheek but savvy information that anyone who is walking down the aisle (or thinking about it) should read. As a recently engaged bride, I received this book at just the right time to appreciate it (in the midst of planning my own wedding). This book has a ton of practical advice presented in organized and easily referenced sections, whether you are reading it from beginning to end or just jumping to the parts you need. A lot of this was not new information, however it is a compilation of some of the BEST information and advice that I've found, all in one handy book. I highly recommend this as a gift, or guide, for any would-be groom. I especially love that the author specifies that this can also apply to male/male relationship, though they use male and female pronouns for clarity throughout. It is a fabulous way to get the ball rolling, and its light-hearted tone reminds the reader that in the end, its all a celebration of love! ( )
  Ginsusamurai | May 9, 2015 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Eric San Juan's book Stuff Every Groom Should Know was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,368,052 books! | Top bar: Always visible