The Spider (Disgusting Creatures) by Elise…

The Spider (Disgusting Creatures)

by Elise Gravel

This is another book in the Disgusting Series of non-fiction books. I love how clever and comical it is and how it portrays spiders as nothing to be afraid of. This book talks about facts regarding spiders, but in an entertaining and clever way. The illustrations are great! ( )
  celutz8191 | Oct 16, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Another adorable contribution to Grave's Disgusting Creatures series, providing a bit of spider knowledge in the most adorable way possible. Gravels art is simple and cute and the information is presented with a fraction of humor. My niece loved it and was even asking me to reread the Spider book when I was last over at her house. ( )
  andreablythe | Aug 6, 2015 |
+1 point - generally refer to spiders as she

- 1/2 point - "eat other insects" after explaining that they're not insects. yes, I'm a pendant.

- 1 point - "pretty in princess shoes"
- 1 point - "I need a lot of eyeshadow"
- 1 point - something about carrying a purse

what even. anyway. the kids like it and it's just irritating and not full on offensive, so I won't disappear it. (The kids are 5 and 8) ( )
  ansate | Apr 7, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The Spider by Elise Gravel is nothing short of awesome. My kids snatched it off the table, read it TWICE, and bombarded me with spider facts (like sometimes the female eats the male after mating) before I even had a chance to open the cover. This book makes non-fiction more fun than I thought possible. It delivers facts accompanied by cute illustrations, and funny quips. I'm beyond excited that there are even more stories of "disgusting critters" in this series. Thanks for making a topic most little girls would run from fun to explore. ( )
  C.Ibarra | Apr 6, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
What a lovely book! Elise Gravel’s distinctive style and humour is evident throughout The Spider. Focusing on the important role spiders play in our lives, as well as some of their fascinating and unique attributes, this non-fiction book is a great introduction to the world of arachnids for young readers. The Spider is part of the Disgusting Critter series, which also features volumes on other less-loved creatures such as head lice and flies. They are perfect reads for children aged five and up who are interested in animals and their place in the world. ( )
  chazzard | Mar 13, 2015 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Elise Gravel's book The Spider was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,058,925 books! | Top bar: Always visible