Chasing Sunsets: A Novel (Angels Walking) by…

Chasing Sunsets: A Novel (Angels Walking)

by Karen Kingsbury

Karen excels at drawing the reader into the character's POV.

As a Christian fiction, the amount of touching, hugging and physical affection was more than I would want for a non-married couple.

The solutions were too easy and not realistic for the girls abused in the way she described. They would not readily open up to strangers, nor were they given an alternative, only "don't continue or you'll go to jail." (I don't have any answers, either. I've worked with them and the issues are deeper, the drug effects are longer lasting.)

I don't like books that end without resolution so you must buy the next book for completion. ( )
  Sonya.Contreras | May 21, 2017 |
Wow! What an emotional read! I loved Jag and Ember in this one, and enjoyed seeing both new and familiar faces in this second act of the Angels Walking series. While I wasn't as invested in the main 'couple' of this one as I was in Tyler and Sami's story, I did enjoy seeing Marcus and Mary Katherine helping the community and spending time with friends and God. Can't wait to read the next one to see what challenges they will overcome! ( )
  Shadow494 | Mar 1, 2017 |
Another book I had trouble putting down. I'm looking forward to the next one in this series. ( )
  eliorajoy | Mar 12, 2016 |
Title: Chasing Sunsets (Angels Walking # 2)
Author: Karen Kingsbury
Website: http://www.karenkingsbury.com/
Pages: 336
Year: 2015
Publisher: Howard
My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Before beginning this novel, I reread Angels Walking which was released last year to refresh my memory. In Angels Walking, we are introduced to two main human characters Sami and Tyler who are now adults, but have some history together when they were younger. Sami is now employed, working hard on a particular account while seeing a man who is focused on himself and how he is perceived by others because he has political aspirations. Tyler bypassed college to enter the MLB draft and was in the midst of pitching his best game yet when tragedy struck.
Readers get a glimpse into a heavenly scene where angels are meeting to discuss their newest assignments. Karen Kingsbury’s Angels Walking series brings to light the truth that the Father sends His angels to minister though never to be worshipped. We could entertain angels without knowing it and all the glory goes to God alone. Now the angels are meeting again for the next mission which will test the faith of humans in Chasing Sunsets.
The newest mission centers on the two different characters of Marcus, who p itches for the LA Dodgers, and Mary Catharine. Tyler and Marcus have known each other for years though for a while they lost touch. Sami and Mary Catharine are roommates as well as best friends. The tension and emotional turmoil within this novel is very palpable. In fact, the ending is a cliffhanger with more revelations to come in book three due to be released this fall.
Though reality is not all things in life have a happily ever after, sometimes there are tears before we are reunited in heaven. Karen Kingsbury, I believe, seeks to share that truth along with the hope within us when we surrender our lives to Christ. The hope isn’t one that is easily comprehended or explained, which is awesome because to me that shows the hope is not from earthly sources but heavenly ones.
At the end of novel, the author shares her true life story that will be passed down for generations to come I am sure. The other point in the story is the realty of spiritual warfare along with choices each individual makes that can bring about results that might not always be desired. We need to walk close with the Lord, listening for His voice and obeying where He leads us. Sometimes we’ll understand what, where and why He is working in the way He is and other times we won’t and that is where faith comes in to carry us to the finish line.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ . Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457 ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Apr 11, 2015 |

"From #1 New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury comes the second novel in a brand-new series about divine intervention and the trials and triumphs of life--the dramatic story of a woman desperate to find deeper meaning in her life. Growing up in a comfortable home, Mary Catherine wanted for nothing. Though she loves her wealthy parents, their lifestyle never appealed to her. Instead, Mary Catherine pursues meaning through charity work, giving away a part of herself but never giving away her heart. Mary Catherine lives in Los Angeles with her roommate, Sami, and volunteers at a local youth center with coach Tyler Ames and LA Dodger Marcus Dillinger. Despite Mary Catherine's intention to stay single, she finds herself drawing close to Marcus, and their budding romance offers an exciting life she never dreamed of. That is, until she receives devastating news from her doctor. News that alters her future and forces her to make a rash decision. Inspirational and moving, Chasing Sunsets is the story of one woman's deep longings of the soul, and the sacrifices she's willing to make in search of healing"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,425,021 books! | Top bar: Always visible