Inhumanity by Brian Michael Bendis
263610,789 (3)None

Not a terribly coherent collection...
4:28 pm 31 October 2015
Inhumanity - Marvel Comics
I went back and finished this. I kinda wish I hadn't: there were Inhuman stories from Hulk, Avengers, and Iron Man that felt as if they would have served better as separate stories.

I think Inhumans #1 was the one real bright spot in this, and you can get that in Inhumans volume one.

Pretty much, don't unless you're that into the Inhumans.

The locket does come back, though...

I love that locket. I'm thinking of buying one and making one of my own with that image of Black Bolt and Medusa. And never showing it to anyone I know because they wouldn't understand.

Maybe I'll make one with Vision, too. Angela and Sera! I'm picturing all these Marvel lockets now! ( )
  All_Hail_Grimlock | Nov 1, 2015 |
I felt like this was a necessary read, just to fill in some of the gaps that I had concerning what was going on with the Inhumans post-Infinity and pre-Secret Wars, and you know what? It really wasn't. The two issues that were directly related the the Inhumanity "event" (a term used very loosely here) were really the only two issues that needed reading. The rest of the issues really didn't feed into the story at all, just providing more issues to make purists buy, in my opinion. Oh, well, those couple of issues did what I needed them to do, filling in those few gaps that I was confused about leading into Secret Wars. If you don't need any gaps filled in, there is nothing wrong with passing on this "event" all together.

Basically, the main premise of the issue is dealing with the Inhumans place in the world after the fallout of the Infinity storyline, the literal fall of the of Attilan, and Blackbolt and Maximus' detonation of the Terrigen Bomb, which is causing people across the world to grow into there Inhuman legacy. For some reason, I really feel that this Terrigen Bomb and the growing number of super-powered individuals coming out of it is setting the stage for the replacement of mutants in the Marvel Comic Universe with Inhumans, in order to both align it more with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and to retcon and fix the whole "no more mutants" storyline from House of M. ( )
  tapestry100 | Jun 8, 2015 |
During the Infinity event, Black Bolt released the Terrigen Mists worldwide in order to protect Thanos’ part-Inhuman son from being identified and killed. As a result, people all over are emerging from cocoons as newly-powered Inhumans. I was eager to get to this event after reading Infinity to see how such a global “crisis” unfolds and impacts the Marvel Universe.

After finishing Inhumanity, it’s apparent that this isn’t really an event at all (in the usual Marvel sense). This is more like one of those aftermath or companion collections – there is no “core” story. This is a collection of stories, across various Marvel titles, about people emerging from the cocoons, factions fighting over what to do with the cocoons, or Avengers responding to emergencies arising from the Terrigenesis. Some of the issues are also included in the Infinity Companion.

The individual stories were interesting, with a lot of action and some really cool new powers, but I was a little disappointed that there isn’t much done with Medusa and the “original” Inhumans. Queen Medusa is now ruling the Inhumans (Black Bolt is MIA) and she shows up here and there among the stories to collect her new “subjects”. But, readers don’t get much more than that. Did the Inhumans just accept Medusa’s rule without question? Where are they headquartered now that Attilan has crashed into the Hudson? These and a lot of other questions are never addressed.

Overall, this collection is definitely worth buying for some fun stories (I loved Spider-Girl’s section) and, of course, the artwork. The hardcover is a great value, and it was very satisfying to see the consequences of the Infinity event. Highly recommended. ( )
  jshillingford | May 4, 2015 |

Bendis, Brian Michaelprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ellis, Warrenmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Fraction, Mattmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0785190341, Paperback)

For millennia, they were hidden in plain sight - forgotten descendants of a secret race transformed by alien science, living ordinary lives, never knowing their godlike potential. They could be your doctor. Your mailman. Maybe even you. But now the kingdom of Attilan has fallen to Earth. Its royal family has been torn apart. And the Terrigen Bomb has revealed the Inhumans in mankind's midst. As individuals across the globe manifest uncanny new abilities, the Avengers, X-Men, Hulk, Spider-Man and more face a world forever altered. And with her husband gone, Queen Medusa must unite her scattered people and lead them into a new Inhuman Age.

COLLECTING: Avengers Assemble 21.INH -23. INH ; Inhumanity 1-2; Uncanny X-Men 15.INH ; Inde structible Hulk 17.INH -18.INH , 19; New Avengers 13.INH ; Iron Man 20.INH ; Inhumanity: The Awakening 1-2; Avengers A.I. 7.INH ; Mighty Avengers 4.INH -5.INH ; Inhumanity: Superior Spider-Man 1

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:37 -0400)

After the fall of Attilan and the Terrigen Bomb explosion, thousands of people across the globe have transformed into Inhumans Their new powers are dangerous and terrifying, making them targets. With Black Bolt believed dead, who can these new Inhumans turn to? As the Avengers face Karnak, who has discovered the Inhumans' secret, Medusa struggles to rule her vastly increased population, and Marvel's heroes - including the Hulk, Spider-Girl, the X-Men, the new Illuminati, Iron Man, the Jean Grey School, Avengers Academy, Luke Cage and the Superior Spider-Man - must cope with the fallout.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,792,316 books! | Top bar: Always visible