Fish Is Fish by Leo Lionni

Fish Is Fish

by Leo Lionni

I liked this book for many reasons. I really liked the illustrations and the bright colors of the birds and animals that the fish imagined throughout the story. Another thing that I liked about this book was that the fish saw everything that the frog was describing was shown as a fish with all the other parts that were described. Another thing that I liked was the plot and the friendship between the frog and the fish throughout the book. I think that the big idea that I got from this book was that no matter where your friends go or how they change, they will always be your friend. ( )
  kelleemorcomb | Sep 17, 2014 |
This is a great book to illustrate perspective and experience, and how these 2 things can shape our view of the world. Fish imagines the cows and the people and other things that frog describes as fish versions, since this is all he knows.
  hugo.johnson | Jul 25, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this book. I like the art work in it. It is so unique. I also like how each one of his stories there is a lesson to be learned in the end. ( )
  SamanthaMulkey | Apr 24, 2014 |
This book tells the story of a minnow and a tadpole who grow up together. The tadpole begins to grow and become a frog. He leaves the pond and returns with stories of all the wonderful sights he has seen on land. The minnow is envious and jumps onto land and realizes home is where he belongs. It is a sweet story that can show children to accept and to love where they are and that in the end home is the perfect place. It can also be used loosely to demonstrate the life or a minnow and the growth or a frog. I loved the moral of the story and the adorable illustrations that demonstrated the way the fish pictured birds, people, and other things on land. ( )
  Imandayeh | Feb 10, 2014 |
This book could be used to talk about where you belong. The students will enjoy learning about where fish and frogs belong. ( )
  Mcs018 | Nov 30, 2013 |

Is contained in

Two best friends, a minnow and a tadpole, are practically inseparable until the tadpole grows legs and decides to explore the world beyond the pond. When the tadpole, now a frog, returns to tell his friend of the extraordinary things he’s seen, the minnow, now a fish, tries to follow in his footsteps, but quickly finds that land is not what he expected. Friendship truly saves the day in this imaginative tale of a fish out of water.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:51 -0400)

When his friend the tadpole becomes a frog and leaves the pond to explore the world, the little fish decides that maybe he doesn't have to remain in the pond either.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,784,948 books! | Top bar: Always visible