Otter in Space (I Am Otter) by Sam Garton

Otter in Space (I Am Otter) (edition 2015)

by Sam Garton (Author), Sam Garton (Illustrator)

Series: Otter (2)

After visiting an outer space exhibit in a museum, Otter and Teddy decide they need a moon rock, and the only way to get one is to build a space ship and go get one.
Member:CDC123
Title:Otter in Space (I Am Otter)
Authors:Sam Garton (Author)
Other authors:Sam Garton (Illustrator)
Info:Balzer Bray (2015), 32 pages

Otter in Space by Sam Garton

That imaginative and mischief-making otter, whose story began in British author/artist Sam Garton's I Am Otter, returns in this second entertaining picture-book romp. When the Otter Keeper takes Otter and her best friend Teddy to the museum, the little lutrine trouble-maker is intrigued by the displays devoted to outer space. The next day, while playing with Teddy, Otter decides that in order to get the moon rock they (clearly) need, they will have to travel to the source...

Like its predecessor, Otter in Space pairs an amusing tale with bright, colorful illustrations. Otter is an endearing little heroine, and her imaginative play, and penchant for making an utter mess, are sure to strike a chord with many young readers/listeners. I appreciated her wild imagination, and found the addition of "digging up moon rocks" to the list of no-nos posted on the family refrigerator, quite amusing. Recommended to all young otter lovers, and to anyone who read and enjoyed the first story about Otter. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Nov 16, 2018 |
a fun book about otter going to a museum and deciding that is going to go home and build a rocket to go to the moon. he gathers his materials and "goes to the moon" and brings home a moon rock. he had a fun time.
4 books
4 CD books
  TUCC | Nov 4, 2016 |
Otter liked many thing he saw in this visit to the museum with Teddy and Otter Keeper, but the best of all of them was the Outer Space Room. All he can think about now is in having a moon rock to play with! The only solution seems to be going to the Moon and bring a rock. Time to get prepared! There are space suits to design, a spaceship to build, and some training to do. Finally Otter and Teddy are ready to go. They launch from the top to the slide, and they land on the backyard. The perfect moon rock is right there, waiting for being dug out and brought back to Earth. Otter Keeper is not really happy with the outcome, but Otter and Teddy are ready for more adventures at the Moon!

Otter is the most adorable character I have seen in a long time. I love all the (screen free) fun he has using only his imagination, his toys, and some "help" from his friends. It made me feel like making a spaceship with my kids this weekend. All I need now is an appropriate box and some delicious treats. Going to outer space needs a lot of extra energy.

I'm glad to know this book is part of a series, because I really want to join Otter in more adventures!

Check out more children's book reviews in my Reviews in Chalk Blog! ( )
  Sanlema | Feb 2, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

Otter (2)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,767,108 books! | Top bar: Always visible