Babymouse, Queen of the World! by Jennifer…

Babymouse, Queen of the World! (2005)

by Jennifer Holm

Recently added bysewarren, elese, midnightsun_edu, misterhodgson, kdlauer, private library, delbertmills

Finally, a elementary reading level graphic novel geared towards girls! My resource room students love books that have lots of pictures and often need it to help with context, but are too old for baby books. This small, thick book makes them feel like they are reading a novel, but the expressive comic panels helps with their comprehension. The book is done all in black and white and pink, so it is a deterrent to my boys. I don't care much for the main character, who is stereotypically girlie, but if it interests my students, then I will supply it in my classroom! ( )
  mccooln | Jun 8, 2014 |
What a cool book for young readers! The pictures are perfect, and I love the lesson that you don't have to fit in with everybody, and who you are is just perfect. Babymouse was smart and fun and she was a loyal friend who valued true friendships over having a lot of "fake" friends.
  vanessa.wallace | May 12, 2014 |
As soon as I started reading Babymouse, it made me think of Junie B. Jones. Babymouse is a very energetic little mouse. She has a huge imagination and that sometimes gets her into trouble. There is very little color in Babymouse. Only black, pink, and white are present. This works well for this graphic novel series though. The pink is used to accentuate key or funny parts of the story, and it also reflects Babymouse's personality. The illustrations work well with the text to convey the story to the reader. Action is demonstrated appropriately for the graphic novel form. Small details, such as Babymouse's curly whiskers are carried throughout the book to help illustrate her personality. The language is simple enough that this book could possibly be used as a transitional book.
  foraclass | Mar 8, 2014 |
Baby Mouse Daydreams of becoming queen of the world. A murderous locker, space explorations and wild west showdowns. Nothing phases this young mouse as she goes through an average day in the life of your average teen girl. Popularity being the all important goal until she realizes her true friend has always been there for her and being popular isn't all its cracked up to be.
  stacy3176 | Feb 2, 2014 |
A fun filled game of cat and mouse enhanced only by a fairy god weasel!
  gradschool14 | Jan 30, 2014 |
For Mom & Dad
Are you getting up, Babymouse?

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0375832297, Paperback)

Babymouse comic created exclusively for Amazon.com Meet Babymouse, a sassy young mouse who dreams of glamour, excitement, adventure, straight whiskers, being queen of the world, and of course, being invited to Felicia Furrypaws's oh-so-exclusive party. Readers will love Babymouse's vivid imagination--an empty locker becomes a black hole that sucks her into space, boring party becomes a Wild West adventure--and the clever illustrations and hilarious storyline of brother-sister team Matthew and Jennifer Holm.

Don't miss the second installment, Babymouse: Our Hero.

Read entire comic

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:31:37 -0400)

An imaginative mouse dreams of being queen of the world, but will settle for an invitation to the most popular girl's slumber party.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,542,793 books! | Top bar: Always visible