Babymouse, Queen of the World! by Jennifer…

Babymouse, Queen of the World! (2005)

by Jennifer Holm, Matthew Holm

This series used to be my favorite when growing up! There are just so many things presented through this book, but I think that the most important thing is that it shows students that not everything is what it seems. This book warns students about different things, but also shows them how to confront them. Although the book is fictional, it still has some realistic aspects such as sitting with the cool kids just to fit in. BabyMouse realizes that she made a mistake sitting with them and that all she has to do is be herself. This book is great for students especially those who are having trouble fitting in the classroom or might be new to school because they are able to relate to certain events throughout the book. When I was an ELL student, I was actually introduced to this series and I continued to read the different books since it felt like an escape or a world that I could explore without actually going. I really recommend this series! ( )
  gsanti4 | Mar 8, 2019 |
The art has different parts of the story included into it. There are word bubbles, but also funny illustrations that further the plot. Baby Mouse is a fun character that wants to be Queen of the World.
  chn3 | Aug 13, 2018 |
Baby Mouse has a big imagination! She thinks she is Queen of the World and is bored with the same thing that always happens. Until the slumber party that is-maybe that is the ticket our of boredom? Baby Mouse #1 is full of humor and readers will love her! I would use this book to discuss emotions, character traits, and imagination. ( )
  KBosnak | Aug 12, 2018 |
Babymouse #1: Queen of the World! by Jennifer L. Holm & Matthew Holm is a graphic novel with cute drawings. Babymouse had the same routine every day and was in a rut. She was looking for glamour, excitement, and adventure. Her wish was she wanted to be queen. The real queen was Felicia Furrypaws. Felicia Furrypaws is having a slumber party and Babymouse wishes to go to the party. Felicia Furrypaws eventually invited Babymouse after everyone else was invited. Babymouse goes to the slumber party with beauty lessons which she thinks is very boring. She leaves the party and decides she would rather be herself with her best friend Wilson. With Wilson, Babymouse had fun being treat like the queen of the world. This amusing graphic novel would be enjoyed by elementary school students, who are in second grade or higher, and like reading humorous books. This book teaches the lesson to be careful what you wish for, because your wish may come true.
  JoanEChasse | Jul 10, 2018 |
I think that this book is great to show kids that things are not always what they seem. Babymouse thought she wanted to be friends with the cool kids until she realized how superficial and mean they were. Babymouse was better off with her friend who had always been there for her. I think this life lesson is extremely important. I also loved the graphics throughout the book.
  MirandaBee | Mar 8, 2018 |

Jennifer Holmprimary authorall editionscalculated
Holm, Matthewmain authorall editionsconfirmed
For Mom & Dad
Are you getting up, Babymouse?

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0375832297, Paperback)

Babymouse comic created exclusively for Amazon.com Meet Babymouse, a sassy young mouse who dreams of glamour, excitement, adventure, straight whiskers, being queen of the world, and of course, being invited to Felicia Furrypaws's oh-so-exclusive party. Readers will love Babymouse's vivid imagination--an empty locker becomes a black hole that sucks her into space, boring party becomes a Wild West adventure--and the clever illustrations and hilarious storyline of brother-sister team Matthew and Jennifer Holm.

Don't miss the second installment, Babymouse: Our Hero.

Read entire comic

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:42 -0400)

An imaginative mouse dreams of being queen of the world, but will settle for an invitation to the most popular girl's slumber party.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,855,755 books! | Top bar: Always visible