Premiere: A Romance Writers of America®…

Premiere: A Romance Writers of America® Collection (Romance Writers of…

by Romance Writers of America (Organization), Sylvia Day (Editor)

Other authors: Lila Bell (Contributor), Allison Brennan (Contributor), T. L. Costa (Contributor), Syvia Day (Contributor), Cindy Gerard (Contributor)13 more, Sabrina Jeffries (Contributor), Joan Johnston (Contributor), Laura Kaye (Contributor), Diane Kelly (Contributor), Amber Lin (Contributor), Courtney Milan (Contributor), Monica Murphy (Contributor), Katy Regnery (Contributor), Erica Ridley (Contributor), Regina Scott (Contributor), Harper St. George (Contributor), Vicki Lewis Thompson (Contributor), Lex Valentine (Contributor)

These stories were really short. There is a beginning, middle and end to each but I would have liked them to be a little longer in length. Overall if your wanting 18 short stories that you can read pretty quickly this was a good read.

RAVISHED BY THE GEEK by Vicki Lewis Thompson: This was funny in the way that all us romance readers have fantasized about some sexy scene and talked about it with friends. Well Vivian sent an email with such a scene to her best friend or so she thought but it ended up in the inbox of her nerdy coworker instead. Jamie Smith has always had a crush on Vivian but figures she would she is way out of his league. When he reads what her fantasy is he sets it up but they both get more than they ever imagined. Also could have been named – Don’t Judge a Book By Its Cover…

UNDER A WICKED MOON by Lila Bell: This was a paranormal that shouldn’t have worked being as short as it was but enough info was given that it was a pleasant surprise. Stacia Bryne as an adult is a half-human, half-sorceress. Her childhood friend, Liam MacTire who she was in foster care with is half-human, half wolf shifter but also now on a counsel that has ordered her death. She makes a potion and stabs him with it to make it to where he no longer wants to kill her. What she gets when he wakes up him claiming she is his mate and wants to get to the mating part. .

STATION 12 by Amber Lin: A case of mistaken fire houses strikes up an interest between two people who were not necessarily looking for love at that moment. Isobel Monroe had been dating a firefighter named Matt but turns out he was never serious about her and she decides she is going to dump his stuff off at the fire station where he works. Problem is she goes to the wrong one and ends up meeting Matthew Gaines who is also a fire fighter with the same first name. Matthew is immediately smitten but Isobel is leery after just dating a fireman. This was cute and had a more realistic ending giving the shortness of the story.

COVERING HER SKIN by Laura Kaye: If this was tied to the author’s Hard Ink series I couldn’t find any reference but it as with that series takes place in a tattoo shop. Emery Morgan a year ago did what many people in a relationship to spur of the moment and then regret later when that relationship doesn’t work – she get a tattoo that has to do with her boyfriend. When the relationship crash and burns she goes back to Ronan Kane who did that tattoo help her get rid of it. What she didn’t know was Ronan knew all along the relationship wouldn’t last and feels bad he didn’t warn her. He also was attracted to back then and hopes now that she is single they might have a chance. One thing this author does is write sexy tattoo artist and Ronan is no exception.

THEIR NIGHT OFF by Allison Brennan: This author writes great romantic suspense but this was really way to short for anyone that has never read her before to even really get a feel of her writing. The two main characters are a FBI Special Agent Suzanne Madeaux and Detective Joe DeLucca. They have a history – which wasn’t real clear – you got that they had dated in the past broke up and were now back together but having problems with Joe’s ex-wife but I would have liked a little more. Suzanne is just coming off a case and her and Joe were supposed to be spending the night together. But something about the case is bugging her and she ends up bringing Joe along to follow up on a hunch. If you’ve never read Allison before don’t judge by this short novella, her full length books are very good.

CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
I’m a MG/YA Paranormal Romance author myself who’s happy to be a member of RWA for many years.

When I saw the RWA [Romance Writers of America] association with this book that I knew I wouldn’t be disappointed with any of the selections it contains. Needless to say when I finished reading this collection of short stories, my assumption proved to be quite correct. One of the reasons I brought the KINDLE Edition of this book as opposed to the paperback version is I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it so I could start reading the all marvelous short stories it contains.

I truly believe almost everyone who reads this book will agree that unlike other anthologies complied by others, all of the selections made by Sylvia Day, surrounding the theme of a wrong number, are all equally superb.

Ms Day needs to be congratulated for the daunting task she undertook in bringing everything together in the manner she has. I’d love to comment on each of the authors in this book, but if I did, my review might run a few pages; which is why I’ve commented on the book itself.

Being a Book Reviewer, this collection of romance genres has not only given me the opportunity to read several gifted romance authors at one time; it has exposed me to genres I haven’t been exposed to yet.

There is no way I cannot give Ms. Day 5 STARS for this endeavor, and if the rating went up to 10, I’d have given her that. ( )
  MyPenNameOnly | Feb 12, 2015 |

"Their Night Off" by Allison Brennan

"Flying in the Face of Convention" by Lex Valentine

"An April Fool's Forbidden Affair" by Sabrina Jeffries

"Wrong Address, Right Guy" by Diane Kelly

From Romance Writers of America® comes a never-before-published collection of tales that showcases the breadth and complexity of the world's most popular genre of fiction!

Plus tales from:
Erica Ridley
Regina Scott
Harper St. George
Lex Valentine

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:15 -0400)

From Romance Writers of America comes a never-before-published collection of tales that showcases the breadth and complexity of the world's most popular genre of fiction! New York Times bestselling authors Cindy Gerard and Allison Brennan bring the thrills in their tales of romantic suspense. New York Times bestselling authors Sabrina Jeffries and Courtney Milan take you on a trip back in time with lush stories of historical romance. New York Times bestselling authors Vicki Lewis Thompson and Joan Johnston show the wonder of contemporary romance, while New York Times bestselling authors Monica Murphy and Laura Kaye's New Adult romances delve into the evolving Millennial perspective. And editor and #1 New York Times bestselling author Sylvia Day's tale of angels and sizzling desire takes readers to the edge with paranormal romance. From the first love of Young Adult romance to tales of second chances, LGBT romance to the realms of the supernatural, contemporary to historical, suspense to inspirational, the genre of romance has a story for every reader and this blockbuster inaugural collection from Romance Writers of America showcases it all! Plus tales from: Lila Bell T. L Costa Diane Kelly Amber Lin Katy Regnery Erica Ridley Regina Scott Harper St. George Lex Valentine… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,797,007 books! | Top bar: Always visible