Daisy Chain: 2015 Valentine's Special…

Daisy Chain: 2015 Valentine's Special (Require: Cookie)

by Grace McDermott

871,035,133 (2.57)None

No tags.

I received this book for an honest and fair review.

This was a short story that should not stand alone, it made no sense to me what so ever. If it was part of a series then the author should have included a synopsis to catch the reader up, or inform a new reader what the heck was going on. It was all over the place. Each chapter seemed as if it was taken from a different story and put together to make this book. It was choppy and did not flow. There were too many characters and different story lines to fit into 66 page ebook. I didn't enjoy reading Daisy Chain and wouldn't recommend it. ( )
  LizBuckley | Jul 26, 2016 |
Daisy Chain (A Require Cookie Short)
By: Grace McDermott
Publisher: Wibbypress Ebook Pages. 33
Copy Courtesy of Librarything
Reviewed By: tk

Love and loss…

A sci-fi/fantasy short story that brings you into a realm of fairies and others.
A very quick tale of love, and the strength to overcome when that love is lost.

I am not sure what I think of the little tale. A couple of triggers are death, violence, lesbian couple, and an array of unknowns. The story was well written, but I think it fell a little short in the end.

3/5 ( )
  doseofbella | May 25, 2015 |
Daisy Chain by Grace McDermott
Couldn't quite get a handle on this one. It's about fairies and the life they lead
til they attend the daisy marriage. That part I liked, so carefree and no rules to follow.
Lots of use of 'f' word which I don't believe need to be in books, lots of abuse and violence if you read between the lines.
Think if I had read the series from book 1 it might've made more sense to me.
I received this book from Library Thing in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  jbarr5 | Apr 23, 2015 |
I received this from Library Thing to read and review. This is obviously part of a larger series, which I have neither read nor heard of. I tried to read the book, but could not get into it. I was lost. The burb for the book gave me no direction. The reviews were not much better. The book read okay, I just could not figure out what was going on and kept going back to re-read to see if I could figure out the story. I guess the story is fine or even great if you are familiar with the basic story line. It is not a stand-alone. From my perspective, I would not recommend it unless you are a fan of the author or know the basic story line. ( )
  KMT01 | Mar 18, 2015 |
I received this as an early review from LibraryThing. I still am not sure how I felt about this book. It was an interesting read about love loss and living through great trials and stuggles. It had a little of everything, fighting abuse, sex, loss, love but I found myself just waiting for it to be over. I was unable to connect with the main character or understand truly what was going on.

I was surprised and kind of disappointed because I have read other books from this author which I thoroughly enjoyed. It wasn't a bad book just one that I couldn't connect with that's why the 3 stars. ( )
  thicks | Mar 13, 2015 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Grace McDermott's book Daisy Chain was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Grace McDermott is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,242,194 books! | Top bar: Always visible