Book of Immortals: Candidate by Kassandra…

Book of Immortals: Candidate (edition 2014)

by Kassandra Lynn

531,436,638 (4)None
Member:bookgirl59
Title:Book of Immortals: Candidate
Authors:Kassandra Lynn
Info:

Candidate by Kassandra Lynn

No tags.

Disciple by Kassandra Lynn (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: Prequel to Book Of Immortals: Candidate.

After being dead for 100 years, Shann must now find a body compatible with her soul in order to perform "Soul intrusion" and come back to life.

The book reads well. This and the third book seem to have lost a bit of the charm of the first book, but I was glad to have obtained and read all 3 in the series. ( )
  daleala | Mar 2, 2017 |
Book of Immortals: Candidate (Book 2)

Celine has been dead for over 100 years. As she comes back to life, things have changed. She must overtake the body of a devil cult leader to try to save the world from another apocalypse.

A well written story with a unique lady as a lead. I really loved the originality of the story line, there are likable characters, and those that are not. The story is intense, a page turning delight. I was hooked from the first page, I just could not put it down. I strongly recommend Book of Immortals: Candidate to fantasy lovers. Great as a stand alone but I also recommend book one Book of Immortals: Disciple by Kassandra Lynn ( )
  SheriAWilkinson | Mar 11, 2016 |
Rating: 3.5/5

Review (I received this book in exchange for an honest review.) :

I have to say, the Book Of Immortals series is becoming quite a favourite of mine. However, I have to admit, in the second book of the series, Book Of Immortals: Candidate, Shann (who, by the way, is the main character) kinda got on my nerves. It just seemed like she never matured even though she went through so much. It’s weird really, her relationship with Aaren (though I do like it, in a way XD). It just seems like Aaren is still this distant person, emotionally, with Shann. Their relationship does improve, don’t get me wrong, just not really enough on an emotional level, I feel. Shann still acts like a child while Aaren is still, emotionally, this mysterious Head Disciple. I feel as if neither one of them has really grown up over the course of the first and second book.

I mean, I really wasn’t that concerned about Shann’s clingy, childish behaviour in the first book; in fact, her behaviour wasn’t half as bad in the first book as in the second book. I think Shann, after living all these years in the World Of Immortals, (not to mention on Earth), should really know better. I’m just really annoyed that Shann clings on to Aaren so much while Aaren basicallly appears to be indifferent at times. Although, when Aaren is sweet, he’s really sweet. And it’s kinda adorable. (Like when he stands up for Shann.) :)

Okay, so, this has kinda turned into a rant, of sorts. But now that I’ve gotten all that off my chest, I can really focus on the novel’s good points. (And there’s a fair number of them.) First off, plot. I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again. THE PLOT IS GREAT. I actually really really love it and it’s one of the few things that’s truly awesome ‘bout this series. I mean, it’s so unique that you can’t help but love it! However, a small downside is Kassandra’s writing; I do wish that her writing was better. Really, her writing, does not do the plot justice.

Second, I know I just complained about Aaren and Shann’s relationship, but they do have their special moments that just kinda make up for the not-so-special moments. Their love for each other is really endearing and one of the novel’s upsides (if you excuse the immaturity).

There’s plenty of other stuff about the series that’s great but it would take all day to mention these so I’ll just quickly run over a small list of pretty great stuff about this novel.

Erik is pretty amazing all by himself! He has an Archdragon and he uses a flute as his weapon. Besides, who doesn’t love the name, ‘Erik’? (Phantom Of The Opera!)
I just love that Fabien is actually a guy who looks like a beautiful girl. Genius!
I actually really like the fact that this book has characters with powers in them. It’s one of the things that drew me to this series. The idea of having powers is just, to put it simply, awesome!

That about wraps up my review of Book Of Immortals: Candidate! I think this series is one of those things where you either love it or you hate it, depending on how much things like style of writing and character development matter to you. Assuming you actually bothered to read this far, a MASSIVE ‘thank you’ to you! I really appreciate it!

Recommendation: I would recommend this novel to people who love fantasy with romance and adventure thrown in!

Once again, thank you so much, dear reader who actually made it this far! :) ( )
  Crystal_Summers | Sep 25, 2015 |

In the World of Immortals, death doesn’t always mean the end. The Casket of Restoration has held Shann’s body for one hundred years, keeping her lifeless self in stasis while she harbors an aware consciousness.

Harnessing the only power she can, Shann uses her ability to find her way back to the outside world, landing in a compatible body of dubious design. Now a Devil Leader of a powerful cult, she struggles to come to terms with who she is and what she may never be again. To further complicate matters, she discovers that she is a candidate for a powerful apparatus that could save the world—if she can survive long enough to be selected.

Kassandra Lynn is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,086,447 books! | Top bar: Always visible