X (A Kinsey Millhone Novel) by Sue Grafton

X (A Kinsey Millhone Novel) (original 2015; edition 2015)

by Sue Grafton (Author)

Member:SigPubLib
Title:X (A Kinsey Millhone Novel)
Authors:Sue Grafton (Author)
Info:Marian Wood Books/Putnam (2015), Edition: First Edition, 416 pages

X by Sue Grafton (2015)

Recently added byawwebbgen, Camacaris, Scheherazade1001, BookHavenAZ, cubsfan3410, nrowe40, TCK, private library, GRVC

X takes Kinsey on another mystery that she is challenged to solve ( )
  lindamamak | Jul 17, 2018 |
I really enjoyed all three storylines. I have grown pretty attached to Kinsey's character. For some reason I compare her to Stephanie Plum. Unlike Stephanie, Kinsey changes over time and she's not silly. I love that the series takes place in the 80s so she doesn't have all kinds of technology at her disposal. I wish there were more letters in the alphabet! ( )
  LynneCatherine | Mar 21, 2018 |
Grafton's skill for weaving a complicated case continues here. Always lovely to see the regular support characters - Kinsey's landlord Henry, his brother William and who can forget such a colour character like Rosie! Kinsey's former flames, Cheney Phillips, Jonah Robb and Robert Dietz all put in cameo appearances. Even better, we get to meet Cheney's mom in this one! Yes, I tend to get just as much pleasure out of keeping up to date with Kinsey's circle of friends as I do with the cases. In true Grafton form, the author leads the readers to yet another nail-biting suspense-filled plot near the end. Another thing I love about these stories is that there is usually a "case" that Kinsey is officially working on and a side issue that Kinsey finds herself involved with by pure happenstance. This time, trouble seems to be closer to home than one would expect.

Overall, another good installment in Grafton's alphabet series. ( )
  lkernagh | Feb 12, 2018 |
This was a decent book in the Kinsey Milhone series. For the most part, I enjoyed the storyline. The story-telling wandered around a lot, which kept it from being a solid 4 star read for me. The plotline with the next neighbor was a complete bust for me. I really didn't see the point in that thread. But I enjoyed the other two storylines and really liked how the divorcee story ended, in spite of myself. Overall, I had a good time listening to the story and enjoyed the audiobook. ( )
  jguidry | Jan 20, 2018 |
Sue Grafton's Alphabet Mystery Series NEVER disappoints. In fact, from this reader's perspective, the series has elevated in appeal as over the years of publication, each novel in the series seems even better than the last.

The author has diligently portrayed Private investigator, Kinsey Millhone, with the same endearing qualities as when she was first introduced including her famous use of index card note-taking to her end of case report writing. Equally delightful is that Kinsey still lives next door to landlord Henry and they frequently continue to enjoy drinks and/or supper at Rosie's.

The author's writing has also elevated in intricacies of Kinsey's cases and sleuthing. Once again, it will be a long wait until the publication of "Y" but as a reader it would be a long wait even if tomorrow was publication day. The extraordinary news is that without a doubt it always is "worth the wait!" ( )
  Corduroy7 | Nov 16, 2017 |

Sue Graftonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ordóñez Diví, VictoriaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ordóñez, VictoriaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
X
X
This book is dedicated to my children:
Leslie, Jay, Jamie & Robert.
Caring, hardworking, responsible, my pride and joy always.
Teddy Xanakis would have to steal the painting.

Of #1 New York Times–bestselling author Sue Grafton, NPR’s Maureen Corrigan said, “Makes me wish there were more than 26 letters.” With only two letters left, Grafton’s many devoted readers will share that sentiment.

X:
The number ten. An unknown quantity. A mistake. A cross. A kiss.

X:
 The shortest entry in Webster’s Unabridged. Derived from Greek and Latin and commonly found in science, medicine, and religion. The most graphically dramatic letter. Notoriously tricky to pronounce: think xylophone.

X:
The twenty-fourth letter in the English alphabet.

Sue Grafton’s X: Perhaps her darkest and most chilling novel, it features a remorseless serial killer who leaves no trace of his crimes. Once again breaking the rules and establishing new paths, Grafton wastes little time identifying this sociopath. The test is whether Kinsey can prove her case against him before she becomes his next victim.

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 03 Jul 2015 14:55:06 -0400)

Sue Grafton's X: Perhaps her darkest and most chilling novel, it features a remorseless serial killer who leaves no trace of his crimes. Once again breaking the rules and establishing new paths, Grafton wastes little time identifying this sociopath. The test is whether Kinsey can prove her case against him before she becomes his next victim.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,993,625 books! | Top bar: Always visible