The Deal by Elle Kennedy

The Deal

by Elle Kennedy

Series: Off-Campus (1)

English (27)  Dutch (1)  All languages (28)
This was a cute easy read, it didn't require much thinking on my part and was pretty easy to just fall in to.
The characters were adorable and shockingly, didn't manage to annoy me! ( )
  SaraChook | Jun 19, 2019 |
I have had The Deal on my NOOK for quite some time, since it came out a couple of months ago. And I finally got around to reading it, and I really loved it. It had everything I was expecting and more. I recently have started reading the NA genre…and mix it in with some sport action…and you have me hooked. What I loved was how the man in this one had to work for the girl. Garrett is used to having women hang onto his every word, but not Hannah. Hannah wants a different man, a football player, and Garrett is not in the picture. I love how he pursues her to help tutor him so he doesn’t drop out of hockey, and then he doesn’t realize it at first, but he is starting to fall hard for his tutor, the one that is attraction to a football player of all people. Both have tormented pasts, and both need each other to heal, they just don’t know it at first. I loved seeing these two grow toward each other. I also loved how they don’t jump each others bones right away. We see a deep development of a relationship first, more of a friendship and fun bantering, and then they face some tough issues together, and then we get to the good smexy stuff that just makes you sigh….because its just perfect. Another great aspect to the story was the emotional trauma they deal with and learn to overcome, this is quite the conflict for them both, and they aid each other along the way. The other buddies of Garrett’s are quite amusing, and I can’t wait to see their stories. I have a feeling we are on a path of unique scenarios, spirited heroines and men that need some lessons in humility. (which they are so cocky they need it…but just from this book alone…you sense something more and deeper to their characters…so it will be quite fun seeing them go through some turmoil before they get their happy endings…but I have a feeling it will be quite fun. I didn’t write a full review on this one…because I didn’t want to reveal too much about the story or the characters….leave some surprises from those that have the unfortunate opportunity of not reading this yet…..because if you like contemporary and new adult and some kick ass characters and witty humor….buy it and read it …NOW!! I guarantee you will fall in love like I have…now ONWARD to The Mistake ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 22, 2019 |
I've been in a reading slump for, like, a month now. A fun romance usually does the trick and this was sitting in my Nook waiting to be read. I really enjoyed this! Someone on GR compared stories like this to candy and I can't agree more...no nutritional value but you can't. stop. eating. There are inevitable plot holes and the writing won't blow you away BUT. BUT. You will get a fun, sexy, and totally addicting romance. I liked reading from Garrett's perspective and sometimes he came off as a total douche but other times he was really vulnerable and I thought that made for a really complex character. I'll definitely be continuing the series. ( )
  EliseLaForge | Nov 20, 2018 |
Vi è mai capitato di trovarvi tra le mani un libro di cui avreste voluto avere l'edizione originale accanto per confrontarne il testo? No? A me sì, ed è successo proprio con questo libro. Titolo e copertina fuorvianti oltre ogni dire, ma no per una volta non è colpa della Newton perché anche l'edizione originale è su questi toni, durante la lettura sono incappata in frasi come - e qui cito la mia amica Lilì del Walk in Wonderland - "Mi massaggia la clito" e "Ho un canale troppo stretto" e mi è venuto veramente un coccolone. Cioè, avrei voluto l'edizione originale giusto per sapere se è stata una pessima scelta di traduzione o se invece è la Kennedy ad avere qualche problema con termini semplici e scientifici come clitoride e vagina.
Altra cosa, questa volta da imputare sicuramente alla traduzione, è l'uso del verbo essere come ausiliare al posto del verbo avere: "Ti sei messa paura", per fare un esempio.

Ma passiamo oltre, perché sì se facciamo finta di non vedere queste cose alla fine la storia di per sé è carina e piacevole, è un romance senza pretese che tiene compagnia, facendo anche ridere, con la sua semplicità e scorrevolezza.
Certo, non è privo di cliché, ma non è che da un new adult mi aspetti l'innovazione del secolo, però io la sindrome dell'eroe (non so nemmeno se esiste) in cui lui/lei vogliono... continua a leggere su http://theinkspell.blogspot.it/2016/08/recensione-il-contratto-di-elle-kennedy.h... ( )
  jeky91 | Jun 15, 2018 |
I loved this book. Hannah and Garrett may be one of my favorite New Adult couples. I truly loved witnessing how their relationship progressed from Hannah not wanting to be bothered by him, to Garrett not giving up, to their friendship and of course them falling in love. How can you not fall in love? Both Hannah and Garrett are amazing characters who have dealt with tragic situations that have shaped their lives. However, because they developed such an amazing friendship they were able to trust each other with their most intimate secrets. This allowed them to see who each other really was changing their perspective of one another and not being able to stop falling in love for each other.

Hannah and Garrett were hilarious. Their banter kept me going. Even during their intimate moments their conversations were hilarious. That's how you know you've found the one -when you allow yourself to be the real you. I loved the rest of the guys too, Logan, Dean and Tucker. I loved how their friendship with Hannah and her friends developed. This is one of those stories that keeps you wanting to know more but it also makes you angry at some points. I hate what Hannah's parents are going through and my heart breaks for them. At the same time I hate - HATE - Garrett's dad.

More than a love story, this is a story about friendship and learning to trust who you least expect to. I loved this book and am immediately starting the next one in the series. ( )
  Silent_Whispers | Mar 30, 2018 |

Kennedy, ElleAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Avalon, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

She's about to make a deal with the college bad boy...

Hannah Wells has finally found someone who turns her on. But while she might be confident in every other area of her life, she's carting around a full set of baggage when it comes to sex and seduction. If she wants to get her crush's attention, she'll have to step out of her comfort zone and make him take notice... even if it means tutoring the annoying, childish, cocky captain of the hockey team in exchange for a pretend date.

...and it's going to be oh so good.

All Garrett Graham has ever wanted is to play professional hockey after graduation, but his plummeting GPA is threatening everything he's worked so hard for. If helping a sarcastic brunette make another guy jealous will help him secure his position on the team, he's all for it. But when one unexpected kiss leads to the wildest sex of both their lives, it doesn't take long for Garrett to realize that pretend isn't going to cut it. Now he just has to convince Hannah that the man she wants looks a lot like him.

Hannah Wells is a student at Briar University where she is attracted to Garrett Graham, another student in her Philosophical Ethics class. If she wants to get her crush's attention, she will have to step out of her comfort zone and make him take notice, even if it means tutoring the annoying, childish, cocky captain of the school's hockey team in exchange for a pretend date.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,309,904 books! | Top bar: Always visible