Only for Him by Cristin Harber

This is a short story about Grayson and Emma. Lifelong friends, always wanting the other but never voicing that. This first book in the series takes up through the high school end years, Grayson keeps his horrible family life away from Emma at all costs, and ends in a cliff hanger, which doesn't matter because all the books are out. Love this story, Love how it was written, I will read Cristin Harber again and again. This story is told in first person alternating views. ( )
  KGarner | Aug 4, 2018 |
What?

What did I just read?! This book isn't worth reading. Incredibly short and just not well written at all. If you're looking for a trashy quick beach read (like I was) you can do better. ( )
  samanthamholt | Nov 21, 2017 |
I received this free eARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

This is a 70 page novel that goes by very quickly. But, in my opinion, it goes too quickly. Emma and Grayson have known each other since they were 6 years-old. Sadly, the reader knows them for 70 pages and for me, I felt like things were extremely rushed. It seemed like these two jumped into a relationship with the content I had reading, rather than them having years worth of memories that have finally bloomed into more than friendship. And I'm bummed that I feel that way, because I think this could have been a great story with just a little more information!

Grayson is a good guy, trying to do the right thing. His feelings for Emma are controlling his sense of duty to protect her, and he decides to cave. Emma has idolized and loved Grayson for as long as she can remember, so being able to finally be with Grayson is a dream come true.

But I just felt like things were missing between the two characters, and even though they grew up with each other, sometimes it felt like they were strangers having intimate scenes with each other. Very stilted and awkward I thought.

I almost gave this more stars, because of the ending. I almost decided I'm going to pay for the other 3 novels in the series, because of the ending. Because that was one kick ass ending. But then I had to remember how frustrated I felt throughout the first part of the novel, and how the author didn't give us a lot of content. And I had to realize that I probably wouldn't get any more information in the rest of the series, which would not only keep me feeling frustrated but also angry that I paid money for the rest of the story that would make me frustrated.

So needless to say, I'm going to end my journey with Emma and Grayson at the end of this novel even with the cliffhanger ending. I think it might be a bit better, but I just can't convince myself to spend money on this and committing myself, only to end up possibly disappointed. I'm glad I got the eARC and I can see from reviews on Goodreads that the rest of the series is very highly rated, so I'm positive other readers will enjoy this story. It's just not going to be for me. ( )
  JeracaFite | Jan 24, 2016 |

Cristin Harber is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,856,852 books! | Top bar: Always visible