Secret Coders by Gene Luen Yang

Secret Coders

by Gene Luen Yang

Other authors: Mike Holmes (Illustrator)

Series: Secret Coders (1)

1941360,720 (3.77)3

This is the final installment in the Secret Coders series. Coding-wise, we learn about sub-routines and put it all together. The story-line is more of a feature in this volume, and the kids use all the coding they have learned to bring the story to its conclusion. This is a really great intro to coding, just make sure you have all the volumes on hand and that kids read them in order! ( )
  csfoster | Jun 16, 2018 |
Secret Coders are about a girl named Hopper, who moved to an strange new school. Everything about the school is strange. The birds look almost mechanical, and the Janitor's suspiciously violent. to make matters worse, Hopper gets picked on.It wasn't until they looked at the Janitor's room and found a robot Turtle.Hopper once got in trouble with the turtle, and she got punished of it. Hopper then, with her new friends, Eni and Josh, found a passage. All 3 of them got caught be Mr.Bee,which lets them go when he sees that Hopper is a daughter of one of her students.Then the story ends with the gang trying to find out what code is being used.
I gave Secret Coders 5 stars because I like coding. To me, Coding is the best thing to do since it can make games and such. I also love how funny some of the pages are. I'm so excited every time I try to guess what code is being used.There is so much mystery to this book that keeps me going. This book is one of the best books I've read.
  NasirB.B4 | Mar 15, 2018 |

The above is the summary provided by Goodreads.
  Clippers | Dec 21, 2017 |
A fun, entertaining introduction to the basics of computer programming languages and functions. The explanations are simple enough that even someone like me can understand and follow. And extra bonus points for making the protagonist a girl and her "sidekick" and mentor an African American boy and thereby showing that coding/programming is for everyone.
  PamPopp | Jul 30, 2016 |

Gene Luen Yangprimary authorall editionscalculated
Holmes, MikeIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

"Welcome to Stately Academy, a school which is just crawling with mysteries to be solved! The founder of the school left many clues and puzzles to challenge his enterprising students. Using their wits and their growing prowess with coding, Hopper and her friend Eni are going to solve the mystery of Stately Academy no matter what it takes!" --… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,266,885 books! | Top bar: Always visible