The Theory of Death: A Decker/Lazarus Novel…

The Theory of Death: A Decker/Lazarus Novel (Decker/Lazarus Novels)

by Faye Kellerman

I was told I had won another book in a goodreads giveaway but received this one instead.

I was happy to read it in return for an honest review.

I am glad I did for having read Brit crime thrillers, this was a refreshing change with focus on Amercian academia and the politics therein.

It reminded me of Lewis and Inspector Morse (Brit crime lovers will know what I am on about!) and was an enjoyable experience.

For a complete review please click on the link below or paste it onto your browser.

http://onerightword.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/the-theory-of-death-faye-kellerman.ht... ( )
  ashkrishwrites | Aug 29, 2018 |
Transplanted LAPD detective Decker and his sidekick McAdams investigate two suspicious deaths in a small upstate NY college. There, the competitive environment and academic turf wars make just about everyone a suspect. That's the part that kept me guessing but what kept my interest were the detectives themselves; the banter between them along with Decker's wife Rina's insightful observations. Overall I'm not a big fan of police procedurals but this book may have just changed that.

I received this book for free through Goodreads Giveaways. (le ( )
  wandaly | Dec 22, 2017 |
I have seen this series for years, yet have never read one. So, I was excited when I won this one from Goodreads. Maybe I shouldn’t have started with the 23rd book in the series – or maybe it just isn’t for me. The story was OK – about Peter Decker, a detective who has moved from LA to a small town in New England. He is drawn into a case involving a young college student who has apparently committed suicide. He is about ready to wrap-up that case when one of the dead student’s professors is murdered. He now has to solve that crime – and maybe rethink the student’s death, too. He is assisted by Tyler McAdams, a former detective, now first year law student. The mystery was OK – but not riveting. I was disappointed that the Lazarus part of the Decker/Lazarus duo was practically non-existent. Decker is married to Rina Lazarus – and she really didn’t play a part in this book. I am not sure that I will read any of the others in this series – this one really didn’t have anything that makes me want to read more of them. ( )
  peggy.s | Apr 7, 2017 |
Very good read. Nothing less than I'd expect of the author. ( )
  gail616 | May 30, 2016 |
She continues to write good books and the whole issue of the crime etc was interesting. Some information on brain damage did not seem correct. Perhaps the people who inhabit her books are just too good. ( )
  shazjhb | May 8, 2016 |

Now living in upstate New York, former LAPD lieutenant Peter Decker is plunged into a bizarre web involving academia, underworld crime, and calculating killers in this next compulsive novel in bestselling author Faye Kellerman's beloved Decker and Lazarus series.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,401,184 books! | Top bar: Always visible