The Guilty by David Baldacci

The Guilty

by David Baldacci

Series: Will Robie (4)

Recently added byjayacarl, masland, rena75
    Godspeed, Carry My Bullet by Ian Lewis (JenniferRobb)
    JenniferRobb: Similar action/adventure theme with family death element

English (43)  Dutch (1)  All languages (44)
The storyline continues that started in the first book, The Innocent, along with the remaining couple of main characters Will Robie and Jessica Reel. In this novel, readers will get to finally meet Will Robie’s father and a couple of surprises that Robie was unprepared to meet. At the beginning, we see a change in Will Robie, and it affects him on his missions. Now, he must work out the issues he has to see if he can continue with his job. Will and Jessica’s boss, “Blue Man”, seems to be very involved with their lives and missions. Is that how it will always be?
There is more going on that the author slowly reveals about the plot, the interaction between the Robie men, and Jessica disappearing then reappearing after coming under deadly fire. It is an exciting and suspense filled story that I enjoyed even though there was more foul language in the book than previous installments.
I loved the new characters in Mississippi where Will goes to hopefully help his father as he is being charged with murder. The ending was a total surprise and I never imagined the book ending as it does! No doubt readers like me enjoy the continuation of the overall plot and the newest developments. It really sets the stage for the exciting conclusion of the series titled, End Game.
Watch for my thoughts about that novel coming soon! ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Jan 22, 2019 |
Synopsis: Robie has a failure in the field and it affects his ability to do his job. The Blue Man thinks that it's tied to his relationship with his father. And his father is accused of murder. Robbie and Reel go to Mississippi to clear his father and end up unearthing a blackmailing ring, pedophiles, and a hidden identity.
Review: The requisite killing and maiming, but a really interesting plot that ties up lots of background information. ( )
  DrLed | Oct 20, 2018 |
Will Robie is trained military sniper who begins to question his nerve after he accidentally shoots a child he did not know was near the target victim. On his next assignment, he hesitated at the time of firing because he hallucinated there was yet another child near the target victim. When he is told that there was no child, Will Robie knew he had a problem that was going to affect his concentration, nerve, and thus his career. Then, he receives information that his estranged father is charged with first degree murder in his hometown down in Mississippi. Robie senses his hallucination and his relationship with his father are connected and it is time to comes to grip with the problems between them. After 22 years apart, Robie's father does not want to even see him as Robie's father sits in jail. Robie feels compelled to uncover the secrets of his small hometown unable to believe his father is capable of 1st degree murder even though his father was abusive during hi childhood. The secrets become deeper and more convoluted as the body count piles up. The mystery keeps the reader going to a surprising ending. Not my favorite David Baldacci book but I enjoyed it. ( )
  gaillamontagne | Oct 20, 2018 |
The 4th installment in the Will Robie series and the series is still going strong. I actually think the series is getting better? I won't go into details about the story given that it's the middle of a series and would hate to give spoilers. The writing is still just as great as the first book and the characters are still just as likeable. I really like the character development over the series, you think you know them but each story gives you another bit of their life that endears them to you a little bit more. Excellent mix of action, mystery, conspiracy, and dare I say, heart. I will continue with Robie! ( )
  Jen_Bartels | Sep 6, 2018 |
This is the 4th book in the Will Robbie series where Baldacci takes us back 20 years and we get a glimpse of Will’s past and a strained relationship with his father. This is a great series about Will and his partner Jessica Reel who are trained assassins. In this book and the last which is about Jessica’s past we get to see how human they are even though they are assassins. It’s a great series and if you haven’t started it yet, now is the time! ( )
  EadieB | Aug 16, 2018 |

David Baldacciprimary authorall editionscalculated
Brewer, KyfReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Cassidy, OrlaghNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

When his father is charged with murder and refuses to do anything to prove his innocence, Will Robie returns as an outsider to his hometown of Cantrell, Mississippi--where is he is met with distrust--to conduct his own investigation.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,542,665 books! | Top bar: Always visible