The Yanti by Christopher Pike

The Yanti

by Christopher Pike

Series: Alosha (3)

This review is for the series (all three books). I really enjoyed reading these books. I do like fantasy. I do like saving the environment. And I do like faeries. And I've read Pike since I was 11 years old. So I highly enjoyed this series. I enjoyed it much better than the Thirst series! ( )
  llyramoon | Mar 8, 2011 |
The third book in the Alosha series deals with what I had thought would be the final battle against the Shaktra. Come to find out, there's a fourth book that's not yet in print (even though this one was published in '06). That was disappointing, as the tale is not yet wrapped up.
Besides that, however, this volume of the series was excellent. More information about the Shaktra (and the Shaktra's superior) is revealed, and the story is advanced. Also, this is a happier book than either of the first two. ( )
  EmScape | Nov 20, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0765349620, Mass Market Paperback)

In Alosha and The Shaktra, thirteen-year-old Ali Warner discovered that she was not an ordinary teenager, but was actually Queen of the Fairies. Through seven painful trials, Ali reclaimed many of her magical powers and defeated an elemental army that was preparing to attack the Earth. In the elemental world, Ali learned the true nature of her greatest enemy -- the Shaktra -- and discovered why it covets the Yanti, a mystical talisman of immense power that Ali now possesses.

Now, in The Yanti, Ali discovers that a mysterious Entity is masterminding the Shaktra's attack on Earth, an attack that will kill billions and leave both Earth and the elemental world shattered. Still reeling from the death of one of her closest friends, Ali finds herself accused of murder on Earth and besieged by enemies in the elemental world.

The Shaktra has had years to develop her magical abilities and her evil plots, guided by the otherworldly Entity. Ali has only known about her fairy powers for a month. There are holes in her fairy memories and her powers are still incomplete, while the Shaktra commands vast armies of hideous monsters and rules over hosts of dragons.

Ali's allies are few: one dragon, one leprechaun, a single troll, a handful of fairies and an African boy, Ra, who has sworn to serve Ali even beyond death. Plus the mysterious disembodied Nemi -- whose love sustains Ali through her darkest moments of despair.

Only the Yanti can stop what is to come. Unfortunately, Ali has barely had a chance to study it. The first time she tries to use it as a weapon, it nearly kills her. Unless Ali Warner can solve the riddle of the Yanti - and the mystery behind the Shaktra's insane bitterness -- then the Earth and the elemental world will be doomed.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:05:46 -0400)

Thirteen-year-old Ali, eager for vengeance after the death of her friend Steve, must now master the powers of the Yanti, a mysterious artifact somehow keyed to her mind, while trying to defeat the Shaktra.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,983,762 books! | Top bar: Always visible