Your Personal Penguin by Sandra Boynton

Your Personal Penguin (2006)

by Sandra Boynton

a little penguin is asking a hippo if he can be his personal penguins and explains why he would be perfect for the job.
1 book
  TUCC | Sep 16, 2016 |
A great choice for little ones to share with a caregiver. The story and the music are catching and fun while demonstrating loyalty and friendship.

An excellent storytime selection. ( )
  staceyh55 | Mar 17, 2012 |
Basically, a short book about a penguin explaining his undying (kinda stalkerish, I must say) affection for a hippo.

Throughout the book, the hippo looks totally dumbstruck by all this attention.

If you're coming at it from a different angle, I guess it might be kinda creepy (the scene with the penguin shining a flashlight at the sleeping hippo comes to mind), but as my nieces know this is Not Really Appropriate Behaviour that just, to them, makes it funnier.

Found the song (downloadable... somewhere) to be a little uninspired though. *shrugs* ( )
  conuly | Jun 24, 2008 |
Similar to Snuggle Puppy, this is a first person I Love You book. Who can resist a pleading penguin who wants to be your very own from now on? ( )
  LeesyLou | Apr 18, 2008 |
For John, Carla, Johnny and Olivia Ondrasik - SB
For Harrison McFadden and Phoenix Burrows - DJ
I want to be your Personal Penguin

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0761143726, Board book)

The irrepressible, ever-original Sandra Boynton introduces a brand new Boynton board book. Your Personal Penguin is a read-aloud, listen-along favorite for young children and the grown-ups who read to them. Fun to hold, the book tells the story of a slightly bewildered hippo and the loyal penguin who wants nothing more than to be his pal:

Now, lots of other penguins seem to be fine
in a universe of nothing but ice.
But if I could be yours, and you could be mine,
Our cozy little world would be twice as nice.
I want to be Your Personal Penguin.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:38 -0400)

The irrepressible, ever-original Sandra Boynton introduces a brand new Boynton board book. Your Personal Penguin is a read-aloud, listen-along favorite for young children and the grown-ups who read to them. Fun to hold, the book tells the story of a slightly bewildered hippo and the loyal penguin who wants nothing more than to be his pal.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,221,148 books! | Top bar: Always visible