Butterfly House by Eve Bunting

Butterfly House

by Eve Bunting

Other authors: Greg Shed (Illustrator)

1902062,147 (3.72)None

There is nothing better than sharing a hobby with a loved one. This book made me think of my grandmother because she loved butterflies and would have loved to do this with me. It's so beautiful that she kept her grandfather's house and still care for the butterflies. I believe that the butterflies symbolize her grandfather checking up on her. ( )
  hspanier | Nov 2, 2015 |
32 months - beautifully illustrated and a nice story about the butterfly life cycle and a cute activity idea as well. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
Lots of similes and metaphors in this story about how a girl saved a caterpillar and kept it until it became a butterfly, told in verse. Shows a very sweet and touching relationship between a grandfather and a young girl as well. I'd recommend this to elementary teachers who want to teach poetic devices with a sweet narrative poem, or to a parent (or grandparent)to share with a child. ( )
  engpunk77 | Aug 10, 2015 |
I dunno. It was good, but something didn't work well enough for me to get excited about. I did love the illustrations of the child grown, at the end. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
Butterfly House is a beautiful story by Eve Bunting about a girl and her grandfather who raise a butterfly. They build a beautiful house for the butterfly and wait for it to grow and then release it once it comes out of the chrysalis. Later in the story, the time changes and the girl is the age her grandfather was and the grandfather is no longer around. However, her garden is filled with butterflies and she thinks it is because of the care she once gave a butterfly with her grandfather. Everyone else thinks it is a mystery but she knows it is not. I think this story is a beautiful story to read to children especially if their school has an activity where they have a butterfly garden and raise their own butterflies. The illustrations are also very detailed with soft colors to emphasize the love and happiness in this book. ( )
  sconne7 | Dec 1, 2014 |

Bunting, Eveprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Shed, GregIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

With the help of her grandfather, a little girl makes a house for a larva and watches it develop before setting it free. And when the girl grows old, the butterflies come back to return her kindness.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:46 -0400)

With the help of her grandfather, a little girl makes a house for a larva and watches it develop before setting it free, and every summer after that butterflies come to visit her.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,859,859 books! | Top bar: Always visible