To ruin a queen : an Ursula Blanchard…

To ruin a queen : an Ursula Blanchard mystery at Queen Elizabeth I's court (edition 2008)

by Fiona Buckley

209282,859 (3.76)3
Member:susang5371
Title:To ruin a queen : an Ursula Blanchard mystery at Queen Elizabeth I's court
Authors:Fiona Buckley
Info:New York : Pocket Books, 2008, 2000.

To Ruin a Queen by Fiona Buckley

Another good installment in this series. I just love this mystery series and am slowly collecting them all and getting them all read. The main character is wonderfully portrayed. I was able to deduce a good chunk of the mystery, but there were some twists that I didn't expect and others that I thought might happen that didn't. I am anxiously awaiting the next book in the series, but I have others that I need to read before I can get to it. ( )
  GayleBitker | Apr 2, 2013 |
Probably the best of this series since the first one. This concerns the ambitions of a fictitious branch of the Mortimers, descendents of the Roger of that name who ruled with Isabella during the minority of Edward III after overthrowing and probably murdering Edward II. The novel moves along at a brisk pace, with plenty of twists and turns, colourful characters (esp. Gladys) and some chilling moments along the way. For once, there's no secret Catholic plot. ( )
  john257hopper | Apr 3, 2007 |

Fiona Buckleyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bliss, Harry F.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
May, NadiaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is for John and Kerry, without whom it would never have been written.
The journey that took me from Château Blanchepierre, on the banks of the Loire, to Vetch Castle on the Welsh March began, I think, on April 4, 1564, when I snatched up a triple-branched silver candlestick and hurled it the length of the Blanchepierre dinner table at my husband, Matthew de la Roche.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0671032941, Mass Market Paperback)

The fourth novel in the fascinating series featuring Ursula Blanchard, loyal subject of Queen Elizabeth I and sleuth extraordinaire, finds our heroine torn between love and duty as she investigates treason of the highest order.

"To Ruin a Queen

Desperately missing her young daughter and bitterly homesick for England, Ursula Blanchard is struggling to build a new life in France with her husband, Matthew de la Roche. Ursula is devastated when she learns her beloved Meg has disappeared from the family that has fostered her since the French civil war forced Ursula to leave her behind. A wanted man in England, Matthew is unable to accompany her as she frantically journeys home.

Upon her arrival, Ursula is stunned to learn that Meg is not missing, but has been sent at the Queen's behest to Vetch Castle. It is home of Philip Mortimer, descendant of Roger Mortimer, who was executed long ago for his part in the murder of Edward II.

Ursula treads carefully as she seeks the truth about Philip Mortimer's schemes to force the Queen to restore his family's fortunes. But when a murderer strikes, she is quickly ensnared in a web of blackmail and treason that could topple the crown -- and cost Ursula her life.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:45 -0400)

As the thrilling adventures of Ursula Blanchard, secret agent for Queen Elizabeth I, continue, she finds herself in France--reunited with her husband, Matthew de la Roche, in a passionate but flawed relationship. But when Ursula learns that her daughter, Meg, has mysteriously disappeared, she immediately sets out on a frantic and dangerous search.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,479,795 books! | Top bar: Always visible