Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs

Library of Souls (2015)

by Ransom Riggs

English (66)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All (69)
Definitely the weakest book in the series. I wouldn't say it was bad, but it was difficult to finish. It just did not keep attention the way the first two did. Also, I have read a lot of books in my life, never have a read one with so many missing words. It completely took me out of the story every time I read a sentence that was missing "the, a, and, but" etc. ( )
  mml2286 | Oct 16, 2017 |
I've read the first 2 books and they were amazing! I have also watched the movie and I would say that the books are better!! ( )
  RileyRiley | Oct 15, 2017 |
Jacob, Emma, and Addison are on the trail to rescue their friends from the grips of Caul. Jacob's peculiarity has grown, he can now see hollows and control them.

The peculiar friends find themselves allied with Sharon in Devil's Acre, a hell on Earth for peculiar and normal people. Peculiar people are put into slavery and sold/rented for the right price. Caul has the umbrynes and the children locked away on the other side of the bridge, which appears impossible to cross. After a fierce attempt to get across, Addison is whisked to the other side, Jacob and Emma are severely injured...all is lost? Or is it?

The third and final book in the trilogy introduces new characters and layers to the fantastic world of peculiarity. ( )
  shannon.dolgos | Sep 5, 2017 |
The last in the 'Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children' series in which Jacob Portman discovers that, as well as being able to see hollowgasts, he also has the ability to control them. With the help of a boatman named Sharon, they cross over a polluted river to Devil's Acre in order to try and save their friends. Illustrated throughout with an interesting array of 'found' photographs which adds an unusual dimension to the book. Enjoyed. ( )
  DebbieMcCauley | Sep 4, 2017 |
A fitting finale to the trilogy. It was suspenseful and sad at times. I wasn't entirely convinced by the ending but still enjoyed it. ( )
  Laurochka | Aug 18, 2017 |
The ends of the earth, the depths of
the sea, the darkness of time,
you have chosen all three.

--E. M. Forster
For my mother
The monster stood not a tongue's length away, eyes fixed on our throats, shriveled brain crowded with fantasies of murder.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 159474758X, Hardcover)

Time is running out for the Peculiar Children. With a dangerous madman on the loose and their beloved Miss Peregrine still in danger, Jacob Portman and Emma Bloom are forced to stage the most daring of rescue missions. They’ll travel through a war-torn landscape, meet new allies, and face greater dangers than ever. . . . Will Jacob come into his own as the hero his fellow Peculiars know him to be? This action-packed adventure features more than 50 all-new Peculiar photographs.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 14 Apr 2015 01:14:55 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,599,797 books! | Top bar: Always visible