Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

P.S. from Paris by Marc Levy

P.S. from Paris

by Marc Levy

English (9)  French (2)  All languages (11)
Un livre de plus par Marc Levy.
Ce n'est pas un livre intelligent, pour se cultiver, pour se remettre en question ou pour répondre à des questions sur la vie.
Mais ce n'est pas ce que l'on demande et souhaite des livres de cet auteur.
On veut juste sourire, se distraire, ou se d'étendre.
Simplement!!! ( )

PUBLISHER AmazonCrossing
PUBLISHED September 1, 2017
TRANSLATOR Sam Taylor
NARRATED Tim Campbell

A delightful love story set in Paris, where things are not quite what it seems.

SUMMARY
On the big screen Mia plays a woman in love. But in real life, she’s an famous British actress in need of a break from her real-life cheating husband. She escapes from London to Paris behind a new haircut, and a waitressing job at her best friend Daisy’s, restaurant. Paul is an American author, living quietly in Paris, and doing his best to stay out of the literary spotlight. When Paul’s best friend secretly sets him up with Mia through a dating website, the two are off to a laughable start. Paul and Mia‘s relationship status is “complicated” and they decide to remain “just friends.” But can men and women just be friends? While Mia tries to decide what to do about her philandering husband, Paul visits Korea for a book tour, where his books are surprisingly popular. But not everything is quite what it seems.

“One day, I’m going to live in theory, because in theory everything goes perfectly…“

“If I were going to read one of your books, which one would you recommend?” “I’d recommend one by another author.”

REVIEW
P. S. from PARIS is a delightful romantic comedy set in the City of Love. It’s a fast-paced and light read perfect for a day at the park or on the beach. The Paris descriptions are enjoyable and many of the scenes will make you smile. Paul’s fear of media attention and flying on airplanes adds an endearing quirkiness to his character and, Cristoneli, Paul’s Italian editor of an American author in France has trouble actually speaking French and tends to bungle his words sometimes creating new and hilarious mixed up words. P.S. from PARIS is recommended for those who just want something a little light and funny topped with a scoop of romance. It’s marveful and spectaculous.

MARC LEVY was born in France. He has written 18 novels and his work has been translated into 49 languages. He currently lives in New York City and through a nation-wide poll has been ranked as one of France’s favorite authors. ( )
  LisaSHarvey | Feb 22, 2018 |
Delightful chick lit book. Hard to put down. ( )
  bogopea | Feb 9, 2018 |
What a fun roam the novel, P.S. from Paris was to read. The book is romantic, funny, and touching. I found it very difficult to put down and thus read it in two days. ( )
  Gingersnap000 | Jan 17, 2018 |
After reading several positive reviews of ‘PS From Paris’ by Marc Levy, I had hoped to become readily engaged in this romantic story about, Paul Barton, an American author in Paris, whose best friend signs him up for a dating website. Paul is recovering from a fizzling relationship with his Korean translator, Kyong, who visits him twice yearly, but returns to Korea with unremarkable commitments to the relationship. Meanwhile, Mia is a famous movie star who is taking a break from her philandering husband, and she escapes to Paris incognito and works at her friend’s restaurant as a waitress. Through the dating website, Paul and Mia are begrudgingly paired together, and a friendship ensues, with both partners resisting anything more committed, seeking to escape all the entanglements of a true relationship. Although I found the bantering between Mia and Paul to be entertaining and clever at times, I thought that the novel presented some sluggishness in plot, to which I found disengaging. By the time the novel arrived at its final resolution, I wished for a more concise ending to this love story. I did think, however, that the author’s use of a story within a story, captured my interest to a point, but I wish that the editors might have fleshed out some of the extraneous moments, to consistently capture the reader’s attention. ( )
  haymaai | Dec 31, 2017 |

"On the big screen, Mia plays a woman in love. But in real life, she's an actress in need of a break from her real-life philandering husband-the megastar who plays her romantic interest in the movies. So she heads across the English Channel to hide in Paris behind a new haircut, fake eyeglasses, and a waitressing job at her best friend's restaurant. Paul is an American author hoping to recapture the fame of his first novel. When his best friend surreptitiously sets him up with Mia through a dating website, Paul and Mia's relationship status is 'complicated.' Even though everything about Paris seems to be nudging them together, the two lonely ex-pats resist, concocting increasingly far-fetched strategies to stay 'just friends.' A feat easier said than done, as fate has other plans in store. Is true love waiting for them in a postscript?"--Back cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,520,308 books! | Top bar: Always visible