Elle & lui by Marc Levy

Elle & lui

by Marc Levy

English (5)  French (1)  All (6)
A good romantic comedy with interesting back drop and story twist. ( )
  Baochuan | Oct 10, 2017 |
MY REVIEW OF "P.S. FROM PARIS' by MARC LEVY

I love the scenic descriptions of Paris in "P.S. From Paris " by Marc Levy. The author creates amazing artistic impressions that I can only visualize. The Opera House, the streets, the hotels, the stores, the cafes, and the Restaurants and the scenic water. I can also taste the food that sounds so delicious. Paris truly sounds like an enchanting place to be.

The genres of this story are Fiction and Romance. The timeline is set in the present. The setting of the story is mostly in Paris, but London, Korea, the United States, and other countries are mentioned.

The author describes the characters as complex and complicated. Some characters have secrets and are pretending to be who they are not. Some characters are confused and have to find out who they are. Mia is a famous actress, who needs time out from her life. Paul is an architect, that has become an author, and stays away from publicity. Both Mia and Paul have very good and loyal friends, who just want to see Mia and Paul happy. Mia and Paul meet through a dating site, and start to become friends. This story is now set in Paris, and isn't Paris known as the city of love?

There are some twists and turns and adventure in this story. There are other characters who cause some problems. There is betrayal and loyalty. I appreciate that the author describes the significance of friendship, loyalty, trust, honor, love and hope. I would like to thank Amazon Crossing and Amazon Publishing for An Advanced Reading Copy (ARC) for my honest review. I would recommend this charming and entertaining novel for those readers that like Romance. Is it true that Paris is the city of love? Do Mia and Paul find true love? I would suggest that you read this to find out the answer to the questions. Happy Reading! ( )
  teachlz | Sep 2, 2017 |
I first read Marc Levy's "If Only It Were True" years ago. I picked this up because I remember liking it a great deal. Only after reading this did I realize I was thinking of a different book, and that I found the first one annoying. But all in all, it's a good thing I didn't realize I was thinking of another book, because I got this one on the strength of liking the first. This was entertaining-- a quick read well suited to a vacation in the mountains. ( )
  bookczuk | Aug 19, 2017 |
Un livre de plus par Marc Levy.
Ce n'est pas un livre intelligent, pour se cultiver, pour se remettre en question ou pour répondre à des questions sur la vie.
Mais ce n'est pas ce que l'on demande et souhaite des livres de cet auteur.
On veut juste sourire, se distraire, ou se d'étendre.
Simplement!!! ( )
  ldcosta | Aug 13, 2017 |
P.S. from Paris by Marc Levy is a novel which was originally written in France. Mr. Levy is the most read French author alive today.

Mia is an English movie star that just needs a break from real life and her cheating husband. In Paris she gets a haircut, eyeglasses and gets a waitressing job at her friend’s restaurant.

Paul, an American author, is living in Paris but most of his books are sold in South Korea. Paul had a best-seller once, but it was his first book.

Mia’s friend signs her up for an on-line dating site, and so do Paul’s friends. The two meet but don’t really hit it off and decide to simply become friends.

P.S. from Paris by Marc Levy is a cute, short book which was a quick read with a simple, elegant and well told story. I found the story light, hart warming and even charming.

The strength of this book is the snappy dialogue and likeable characters. While I’m not a big fan of romance books, this one was not sluggish or slow, but moved quickly and I had a lot of fun reading it.

Even though the book starts off in the “romantic” direction, there is an odd twist towards the end which was a nice surprise. The story moves in a nice pace, not too slow but not fast either.

Overall I found this book to be charming and engaging. The likeable characters, lively dialogue makes this book a light and entertaining gem.

For more reviews and bookish posts please visit: http://www.ManOfLaBook.com ( )
  ZoharLaor | Jul 12, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,412,988 books! | Top bar: Always visible