Sincerely, Carter (Sincerely Carter, #1) by…

Sincerely, Carter (Sincerely Carter, #1)

by Whitney Gracia Williams

Lo juro que no puedo evitarlo.

-----
(Para leer una verdadera reseña, dirigirse a la de La Mala, que dice justo lo que pienso pero me da flojera escribir). ( )
  Glire | Jun 22, 2016 |
4 Stars

Sincerely Carter brought back memories of college. My college experience was nothing like Arizona's, but I appreciated the funny references to everyday college life. Carter and Arizona are friends who have known one another since they were kids. Their history is sprinkled throughout the story and done so in an entertaining way. Carter and Arizona (or "Ari") were cute as kids, giving one another grief. Then as they stayed close friends after high school (when the main story takes place), they still had their humor and banter.
I enjoyed all the characters and Josh was hilarious.
I became annoyed with one of Ari's so-called friends, but I'm glad it worked out for the best.
I wouldn't change anything about this story. I thoroughly enjoyed the humor, sensuality, and young-adult angst. Readers who like an intense love story with humor and entertaining banter will appreciate Sincerely, Carter.
Laurie Kozlowski
www.bookescapereviews.wordpress.com ( )
  LaurieKozlowski | Apr 17, 2016 |
I can sincerely say that this book was wonderful. I enjoy a good best friends to lovers book. I've actually only read a few that made the cut. Sincerely, Carter was one of them.

Right off the bat, I loved both Arizona and Carter. The were both wonderfully developed characters. Their friendship and chemistry were so well written. Normally, I get bored with books that contain a lot of past stories. But that was not the case with Sincerely, Carter. Carter goes back and shares pivotal moments throughout his and Arizona's life starting in fourth grade when they went from hating each other to becoming best friends.

Overall, the plot was well developed, and I could not stop listening to this audio. The performance of the narrators was strong, considering Jennifer O'Donnell had me in tears during a particular heartbreak scene. It's been a while since I allowed an audiobook to really consume me. But I released that Sincerely, Carter was going to do that about an hour in when I couldn't stop thinking about the story. ( )
  laurenh85 | Mar 29, 2016 |
Absolutely cute, steamy, and addictive. Full of humor and romance that will have you smiling. Very fast read. I give it a 3.5! It had a way of making me keep reading and the writing was intriguing. I cared about the characters somewhat, but not a lot. That was why I did not give it a 4. I want to mourn and laugh and everything with these characters as if I am them. I didn't feel that connection here but it was still a very good read and the characters were hilarious! ( )
  ChelseaClaudett | Mar 8, 2016 |
This book was all over my feed earlier this year. Like, I swear, if my Goodreads friends weren't reviewing it, they were liking and commenting on other reviews of it. And the consensus was generally positive, so I put it on my Amazon wish list, because that's what I do with books I really want to read, but not right this second. And so it sat there for a few months, until I got a notification that the price dropped, and then I snapped it up and devoured it. Why did I wait?

Anyway, everybody knows that I love a good friends-to-lovers story. It's literally my favorite trope ever. Sincerely, Carter is a good example of what I like in this genre.

Arizona and Carter, BFF's since the fourth -- or maybe fifth -- grade, have kept it strictly platonic for years. Ask them if they've ever thought about romance, and they'll laugh and tell you absolutely not, they think of each other like siblings. It's a perfect friendship, until one day they realize their mutual attraction. Where did these feelings come from? Should they ignore them? Should they go for it? Can their friendship take it?

The book begins fairly low on the drama scale, and I am all for that. Carter and Arizona have amazing chemistry, and I absolutely loved all the flashbacks and memories throughout. It just made their relationship feel that much stronger. The drama/angst level does pick up with an intentional misunderstanding, and I was so frustrated with these two that I didn't know what to do with myself... but I had to keep reading. The book wraps up quickly, a little too quickly if you ask me, but luckily I was late enough to the party that Sincerely, Arizona was already out by the time I finished.

Overall, Sincerely, Carter is a really well-written example of what I like in my friends-to-lovers stories. It's equally cute, funny, and steamy, and I'll definitely keep an eye out for other books by this author. ( )
  Sara.Newhouse | Feb 11, 2016 |

Just friends. We’re just friends. No, really. She’s just my best friend... Arizona Turner has been my best friend since fourth grade, even when we “hated” each other. We’ve been there for one another through first kisses, first “times,” and we’ve been each other’s constant when good relationships turned bad. (We even went to colleges that were minutes away from each other…) Throughout the years, and despite what anyone says, we’ve never crossed the line. Never thought about it. Never wanted to. Until one night changed everything. At least, it should’ve ... Just friends. We’re just friends. I’m only saying this until I figure out if she’s still “just” my best friend…

Whitney Gracia Williams is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,019,709 books! | Top bar: Always visible