Mercy by Lucian Bane
484242,697 (5)None

Where do I begin? I'm not very good at writing reviews but here it goes.. For me this book had my emotions all over the place, nail biting sitting on the edge of your seat wondering what happens next kinda thing.. It also had me crying (which I normally don't do while reading books and is only the second one that made me). The raw emotional feeling this book leaves you feeling is impeccable. It makes you feel things you thought you dealt with in your own past as well as making you look at your own life and wonder what demons you have hidden only to show that special someone who truly understands who you are and meshes with you to make you whole. I do have to add this quote in here because well it just hits home for me.

"Some people are born to survive. No matter what comes their way, no matter how much pain is dealt them, they live. They survive it somehow."

I was born to be a survivor and deal with every blow that is given to me. This line in this book will forever be in my heart becuause I live it everday.

This is by far the best book written by Mr. Lucian Bane and can't wait for the next one. Congratulations Lucian!! ( )
  Nathalie_Pinette | Feb 5, 2016 |

Nathalie_Pinette | Feb 5, 2016 |
WOW...a delicious, whirlwind of rioting emotions! A one-sitting, page-turner to the end...

First a little background... I’d been reading teasers on Lucian Bane's Facebook page, reading snippets here and there. I played this game to pick Sade's favorite song. It was a contest. I won and I received a gift copy of MERCY. My desire to write a review is by my choice alone and was not requested by the author.

It's been awhile since I've read a book where an author made me physically feel, but Lucian Bane paints in words a world so vivid it leaps off the page. It was impossible not to become invested in the lives of Sade and Mercy.

Now for my thoughts...What makes a story interesting, fun, memorable, and just plain engaging on an emotional gut level differs for us all. For me it is the rawness expressed in the characters. Their strengths, weaknesses, and their staggering flaws. And it's in a storyline that takes me on an unexpected journey, challenging my assumptions of where I thought I might go. Lucian Bane hit it out of the park on both these counts...far, far, out of the park...

The story of MERCY gave the surprise of a strong, dominant male lead with so many cracks and scars, I couldn't see how Sade held himself together. But, wow, how he did. He stood tall and proud, and burned with a brilliance I found daunting at times. His self-destructive tendencies were hell bent on ruining his life, but man, how he fought. His self-loathing rose from the page, but so did a wish for something....else. A hope for more.

And here is where Mercy comes in. Lucian Bane does not write in the usual romantic tropes. He twists them and wrings from his characters, something we all hope we could become, but would never dare, because that pain would be too raw. There's no weak female lead here who needed a man to save her. Mercy is strong, independent, willful, and just so incredibly sure of herself. She is a kick-ass woman, strong and free, who gave everything to love a man stronger than herself, but who was also her equal.

For a brief moment in time, I was swept into another world and shared a sliver of a moment with these two incredible characters. Alone, each of them were broken, shattered souls. Sade's a sadomasochist with dark needs. Mercy's an innocent, pure and wholesome, yet tainted by her past. Together, they tackle their demons...

There is no doubt this book is raw. The journey of Sade & Mercy is one full of emotional pitfalls and horrific past experiences that must be unearthed before they each fully understand the pain they feel. Sade's rage pops off the page. His fury is potent and as real as it is desperate. Mercy's outlook is that of an angel, burying her pain so deep to help another that she's blind to the hold her demons have over her. Their journey had me clenching my teeth as they brought each other forward toward a path of healing that could only be travelled together. And just when you think it's over...it's not...

Definitely waiting for book two.

Ellie_Masters | Jan 28, 2016 |
If you've seen my reviews you know that I use A LOT of gifs to convey my thoughts on a book. Mercy Mercy Mercy..

Mercy: A Dark Erotica had me feeling so many damn emotions til it just wasn't funny. I laughed, I cried, I had some WTF moments but most of all I felt EVERYTHING the characters were going through.

Sade is the sadomasochist tattoo artist who has his own world of issues.

Mercy has a wanna save the world and the troubled people in it type of personality with her own tote of physical and emotional problems. Their paths cross when Mercy finds a file on Sade that her dead father was keeping.

Mercy A Dark Erotica will KEEP you on the edge of your seat right from the first page. Trust me I had my popcorn ready when I saw the very first teaser and BOOM I needed it!!

So if you are ready for a raw, gritty, emotional book that will suck you in from the jump then you really need to read Mercy you will NOT be disappointed. Oh and OMG the ending let me just share with you my reading experience for the last 2 pages. I'm laying in bed its midnight and I'm almost done and I get to the last page and sit straight up in bed and yell "motherf**ker"! I had to read the last 2 pages 3 times to make sure what I was reading was correct and each time I finished motherf**ker was my only reaction. So I'm going to leave you with this gif.

Kimmykay0302 | Apr 13, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,058,925 books! | Top bar: Always visible